What's new

Gen 13 (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
While perusing the imdb, I ran across a Gen 13 movie that came out in 1998. I had no idea this even existed. Perhaps because it apparently has never been released in the US. Any chance that it will be at soem point? Who even owns the rights?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
From what I hear they never even finished post on it because they ran out of money and it sucked so hard

Derek P

Stunt Coordinator
I belive this was done by Disney as an animated film for Touchstone or Dimension I can't remember which but I know it would be more adult. But its been sitting in their vaults unreleased. I think its been shown a couple times at conventions and may have been released overseas. I think one of the voices was Luke Skywalker himself Mark Hamill. Wizard comics mag had some info on it around 1998.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I knew it was being worked on a long time ago, and have only heard vague things about it since then.

It can't be much worse than that Savage Dragon show that used to play on USA...

Jason

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
An animated Gen13 film was released on VHS in Germany - I suppose with a German soundtrack replacing the unfinished English one.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
The tape is heavily bootlegged. 2 years ago at a con I picked it up on VHS. Last year there were plenty of DVD copies to be had.

Of course, I have yet to watch it anyway...

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I belive this was done by Disney as an animated film for Touchstone or Dimension I can't remember which but I know it would be more adult.
What I recall is that Disney bought the distribution rights after production had begun. For whatever reason, everything fell apart pretty quickly and the director, Kevin Altieri, had to basically spend most of the decade finishing the movie by himself, which might explain why the quality is allegedly not good.

I did notice that Altieri directed the first Stripperella episode, so at least he's working on other stuff now. Hopefully he'll get back on track since he was one of the best directors the original Batman cartoon had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks