Geforce 2mx question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenny Foor, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Kenny Foor

Kenny Foor Stunt Coordinator

I have a GeForce 2mx400 agp graphics card and would like to run dual monitors on it but there is only one svga output and one s-video. Is there a way to connect two svga monitors to this? Is there an adapter to convert s-video signal to svga? Any help would be really appreciated.

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I don't know of any S-video to SVGA adapters. You could probably find a PCI version of that card really cheap. Running dual video cards is not uncommon.
    Or, you could just buy a new card with dual head built-in.

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    First, does the video card support independent displays? That is, can the S-video output be different from the primary video output, or is only a clone? If only a clone, then you can't do dual display really.

If it can provide independent display, then you can test it out easily by connecting it to a TV. Even if there is an S-Video to VGA converter, your resolution won't be any better than what you get from on a TV with S-Video input. In the end, you're outputting an NTSC video signal, which has a resolution around 540x400 (I think).

It might be simpler to just buy a new video card, like a cheap used ATI Radeon VE (what I use).

4. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

You can not run dual monitors on this card.

5. Kenny Foor

Kenny Foor Stunt Coordinator

Today I dug out my old 8 mb pci card and put it in. it works pretty good with the second monitor. Im going to build a cockpit for use with flight simulator 2002 pro ed. The second monitor can be placed under the main and when the sim is played you can move the guage panel to the lower one so you can have a full view and still see the guages.

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer