What's new

Gee a Year Late with NFL Films First Blue Ray (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
First they screw us with that compressed 1;33 edted "Road to super Bowel"
Thing ,Now they do their first Blue Ray on this Steelers ,
Yes I am a Giant fan,

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'm a Giants fan also and I consider it good news to see NFL Films releasing on Blu-Ray. I can only hope they release some of thier back catalog in HD as well. I'd happily buy the Giants '07 disc in a heartbeat.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Same goes for the '07 Super Bowl against the Pats.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I'm a Giants fan too. I subscribed to NFL Network HD for just a week months ago. They had all the playoff games and Super Bowl for the Giants in HD. The only problem was they are edited to 90 minutes - you only see the highlights of when one of the teams was actually getting first downs, touchdowns, field goals, interceptions, fumbles, etc. I recorded them on the DVR.

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
2 years late- I'm a Colts fan.

How about they get all the SBs out on dvd as well. I want to watch my man Steve Young destroy the Chargers again. Sheesh.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
maybe theres hope for the future ,I am on Time Warner so I don't
get the NFL channel ,and I really understand why they don't carry that

but maybe we will see Blue Rays comming in the future for all the latter
Super Bowels

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor

Um...I think you meant Super Bowls, Bowels is the technical term for intestines...

DanMel

Second Unit
Their first blu ray could not have come at a better time. I am a HUGE Steeler fan.

I also hope that if a road to the Super Bowl is released on the Steelers it also comes out in Blu ray.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've seen the SI commcercial and it says this is available in blu through them also.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am glad to see that we will see NFL film titles on Bluray even if the first one is the Steelers Superbowl. I live in Phoenix and no I didn't route for the Cardinals, I instead routed for the Steelers even though I am a Cowboys fan. So we will all have to wait for that NFL title that has our team on it to be released. All I can say is the Steelers did a great job and Roethlisberger is awsume. But like I said I am a Cowboys fan but might just get that Steelers Bluray anyway. ;)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Being a HUGE Cowboys fan myself, I cannot for the life of me figure out why a Cowboys fan would have rooted for the Steelers to win a sixth Superbowl.

*smh*

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Ya Mike normally I wouldn't root for the Steelers but I couldn't bring myself to root for the Cardinals ether. I was actually rooting more for Roethlisberger than the Steelers. It will be nice to see more NFL content on Blu-ray.

I am looking foward to wearing my new authentic Aikman 1994 jersey once the 09' season starts. :D

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
3 years too late. The Steelers "Road to Super Bowl XL" was also released in 1.33:1. I was glad to see this "NFL Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers Champions" released on blu-ray and have pre-ordered it. But what I'm really hoping for and crossing my fingers is that they also release "Road to Super Bowl XLIII" on blu-ray. I loved the one from 3 years ago but was dismayed that they didn't release that DVD in 16:9.

Atleast with this "NFL Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers Champions" blu-ray they're giving us some exclusive content not available on the DVD version:

Blu-ray bonus content includes, HD Gamecast – 4TH Quarter of 2008 Week 14 vs. Cowboys: Just as it sounds, the Fox broadcast of the 4th quarter is presented in HD without commercial interruption.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
I was really was talking about that Giants set of playoff games and the superbowel
all is badly compressed Standard 1;33:1 ,

The dvds of the whole seasons of
each team are a different thing alltogether,
While now you see NFL films products in 16x9 ,These have always been
shot on 16mm ,so they are 1.33:1 to start with(at least the ones before
this year)
The videos of the games is another thing,All the games on that Giant
set were shot on HD,yet the dvds aren't from those hd versions.

so while someday they might do a Blue ray of that video you want
it might be 1.33:1 or cropped

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I know which set you are talking about. The "Road to Super Bowl" series I mentioned in the post above yours. They did the same crappy 1.33:1 presentation for XL, XLI, and XLII. So it wasn't just the Giants season they crapped on. All those playoff/Super Bowl games would have been shot in HD and should have been released in blu-ray or atleast 16:9 DVD before blu-ray was really part of the equation. So hopefully they'll do "Road to Super Bowl XLIII" right and release it in HD on blu-ray. I'm cautiously optomistic since they are releasing "NFL Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers Champions" on blu-ray.

I doubt they'll go back and re-do XL, XLI, and XLII on blu-ray, but we can hope.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The "Road to Super Bowl XLIII" has been announced by WB, and it will be released on Blu-ray in 16:9 HD. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: There is also the usual DVD set available, but according the the WB product page it is 4:3. What's up with that? If I didn't have Bu-ray, I'd be ticked. Although I think this is a title that would have caused me to go blu if I hadn't already.

Release date is June 2.

WBshop.com - The Official Online Store of Warner Bros. Studios: NFL Road to Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers (Blu-Ray)

Amazon.com: NFL: Super Bowl XLIII Champions - Pittsburgh Steelers [Blu-ray]: James Weiner, Robert Gill: Movies & TV

Here's the text from the WB product info page regarding the Blu-ray release:

The Pittsburgh Steelers looked great throughout their 2008 championship run. Now, they look even better. For the first time on Blu-Ray, the original television broadcasts of four Steelers victories are available to own in high-definition in Road to Super Bowl XLIII. In this unforgettable four-disc set, relive the Steelers pursuit of their NFL-record sixth Vince Lombardi Trophy. Follow Pittsburgh from their exciting Week-15 clash against Baltimore - the game that decided the AFC North title - through their playoff victories over San Diego and Baltimore again, to their breathtaking victory over Arizona in Super Bowl XLIII. Over four games, the Pittsburgh Steelers became super once again. Now, those games are yours to own on Blu-Ray.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I want the NFL- New York Giants - The Road to Super Bowl XLII on Blu-Ray!

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I hear ya, Roland. I wish they'd go back and do the Steelers' Road to Super Bowl XL too on Blu-ray. I'll be surprised if they go back and do any of the previous ones. Atleast I'm getting XLIII.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks