What's new

GCN Memory card problem (1 Viewer)

paul_v

Second Unit
Any of you ever had all your savegame files get corrupt? I can't seem to save any games without the risk of corruption. Could my memory card have gone bad?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Maybee. Take the card back to walmart or kmart and tell them it doesnt work and you bought it yesterday. They will let you exchange it.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I agree with Dave.

I haven't had a single problem with my saved games on my Gamecube Memory cards. Which ones are you using? Mem 59 or 251?

You might want to check with Nintendo Customer service to see if they know of any issues as well.

Good luck,

Glen

paul_v

Second Unit
It's actually an off brand high capacity card (It is larger than the 251...I forgot how big it is). I got it at Best Buy and they're not as lenient as the x-marts. Too bad there isnt a memory card formatter to totally clean it off.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's a third party memory card, so that's the problem. Only buy official products (the ones made by or licensed by Nintendo).

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I have to agree with Morgan. I've never had luck in the past with any of the 3rd party items that I bought.

See if you can find that card at any retailer and say you got it as a gift and would like to swap it for a real Nintendo one. You might get lucky.

Glen

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I bought the 16x interact card a year ago on glowing reviews from IGN. I lost every bit of data on it. NEVER buy off brand memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks