GCN Component Video Cables?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stone, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Anybody know where I can buy these...?

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

www.nintendo.com
    Only place to get them, unless you count import sites, but they charge more. I really wish Monster would come out with some. I saw their S-Video cables the other day for GC, but they said in the press release they arent doing the component cables, dammit!
    I want some of the Nintendo ones too, but really dont want to order them online. Waiting to find a used set somewhere or thrid party before I drop 30 for the official ones. Of course, Nintendo is usually really good on the quality

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

I decided to see what was available over at Nintendo's online store, and was somewhat surprised. They actually have some pretty good stuff there. Controllers for old systems, connectors, AC adaptors... All that's missing is the systems themselves and you can easily find refurbished ones at places like Funcoland.

It's nice to know that I'll still be able to play some of those excellent classic games on something other than an emulator. It just isn't the same that way.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I agree that the store is pretty kewl, Jeff. I went ahead and ordered...my Panny 53WX42 will be here Wednesday, and I'm pumped to try out the Cube.

5. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Excellent, Matt! I know you'll be pleased with the results. The GameCube looks so beautiful in progressive scan mode.
    Now, which games will be playing on it? If you're going for sheer visual impact, Starfox Adventures is the best so far for the system. Eternal Darkness also looks great, as does Super Mario Sunshine, and Rogue Leader. Come to think of it, there are some really good looking games out for the Cube. [​IMG]

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

For the time being I'll just be playing some Rogue Leader and NCAA 2003...but I'll be picking up Starfox soon.

Thx for the suggestions!