GC video thru component connection and audio question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Nov 19, 2001.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

If one hooks the GC up thru the component video cables for just video, is their a seperate output in the GC for stereo audio and/or Pro LogicII, I mean, there has to be.?
    -Bert
    P.S.-I am having a little too much fun with the smile codes.
    [​IMG]

2. Matt C

Matt C Stunt Coordinator

Matthew
    Yep! The component video cable is plugged into the digital output, and the sound outputs from the analog A/V output on the back of the 'cube. Just use the cables that come with the GCN for the sound!
    -Matt C
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Yep, smilies are fun!

3. Tom Blake

Tom Blake Auditioning

Is there any way to get digital AUDIO out of the cube? The port the component cable plugs into is called DIGITAL AV port in the manual. Any chance of a cable being introduced in the future that might offer component video cables AND a Toslink output for the audio? That would suck if the Cube was limited to analog audio only.

Tom

4. Mike__D

Mike__D Supporting Actor

The GC DOES NOT have digital audio out. But.... it's not that big of deal if you have a reciever capable of Dolby ProLogic II.

5. Tom Blake

Tom Blake Auditioning

Mike,

Thanks. My surround processor doesn't support DPLII (yet), but it does have Circle Surround, which is similar. I'm pretty shocked the Cube doesn't have an optical out when XBOX and PS2 both do. Guess we won't be seeing any 5.1 games on the Cube!

Tom

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

7. Corey Albers

Corey Albers Agent

i have the component cables coming from Nintendo but I thought it would have included the audio RCAs on it... that kinda sucks having two cables coming out of the back.