What's new

GC to buy or not to buy (1 Viewer)

Brian E

Screenwriter
Trying to decide on if I want to buy a GC or not. I currently have an XBox and a Dreamcast as far as newer systems go. I see a fair number of games I'm interested in already. What I'm wondering is are there any killer, must have type, games planned for the next year? I've enjoyed past Mario games and see Zelda is coming out. How are the graphics? I assume pretty good. In Nintendo's online stance still the same? I haven't followed the GC to closely.
If I do it I'll probably do Target's deal for this week. Buy a GC and get Metroid for $19.99 as that seems like a decent deal. That is unless anyone can clue me in to a better deal or knows of anything coming up for the holiday shopping season. I did quickly look through Dave Lambert's GC thread in the bargains section.
TIA! :)

Joe michaels

Second Unit
If you currently have an XBOX, I say go for it. I really like the Cube it's a great little system that just needs more games. If you get one, IMHO you will have the two best systems ever made.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
If you haven't done so already, then make sure you sign up for the Target CC when you're buying the GC and Metroid for an additional 10% off. That would make the final cost $152.98 for a new GC and Metroid.

The Platinum GCs are out now; they look uber-cool compared to my indigo.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Well you could get it now and get games as they come out or get it later and a bunch of games all at once, though the then current gen of games might take up most of your time.

I suggest you get it now. It's got Nintendo's games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash Bros., Mario Party, Donkey Kong) plus some other exclusive titles (Sonic). Besides that, it's got some games that aren't new but are great (Rogue Leader, Eternal Darkness).

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Amazing! With an Xbox Live ID of "RogueLeader" I had assumed you already had a GCN!

Anyway, there are indeed many great games available for the Cube, with plenty more on the way. If you enjoy Nintendo's first-party games, then I say go for it. You won't regret it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Go now. BUY! The outlook for the futre is great. Capcom just recently announced 5 great new titles for the Gamecube and Nintendo's first party line-up is the big draw for the Gamecube. You won't regret it.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'd think seriously about the CC deal for the Gamecube. Only $20 off of Metroid, but you get a $20 gift card at the same time...

There is another deal that I saw at EB tonight, where you get a $50 rebate by mail if you buy a GC, a Memory Card 51, and Metroid.

That's a pretty solid one as well.

Glen

Brian E

Screenwriter
Amazing! With an Xbox Live ID of "RogueLeader" I had assumed you already had a GCN!
I almost bought one when I got my XBox. The XBox just had more overall appeal. I should have said that Rogue Leader & Bounty Hunter interest me too.
Ok, I really didn't need any coaxing I guess. I'll get one :) Anyone heard of any black friday deals? Don't want to get one and find some huge deal a week later.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Just doing some looking around and saw that Skies of Arcadia Legends will be coming early 2003. Anyone heard anything about it?

Brian E

Screenwriter
Ok, I just watched the Metroid video review at Gamespot. If I wasn't convinced before I am now. I must play that game.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Just doing some looking around and saw that Skies of Arcadia Legends will be coming early 2003. Anyone heard anything about it?
Hmm - think I saw something on IGN a few weeks ago. It's either really close to release in Japan or already out.

For me, this is why I'm getting a GCN. I've already got the platinum on my Christmas list!

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
They already announced platinum wavebirds. And teal regular controllers. Honestly, do you buy Nintendo systems for the thrid party software? No, it is just extra that comes with the system. You buy nintendo systems for the first party stuff. Mario, Zelda, Metroid.

Nintendo is too smart to release a bad game with those names on it. Nintendo first party stuff is as close to an offical seal of quality as I can think of.

Brian E

Screenwriter
One more question. Is there a GC mag out there with a demo disc? Sometimes the demos on the OXM disc are enough of certain titles for me and it would be nice to have a GC version.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Ok, the plan is that I'll get a platinum GC and Metroid tomorrow at lunch. What's the score with memory cards? I assume get a Nintendo one, not a generic one? What size?

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Get a Nintendo 251 Memory Card.

The Memory Card 59 units are good for games with small save files (ie any non-sports game); if you can pick one up for less than ten, it'd make a good backup. Most sports games, with custom rosters, teams, etc., take up many blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks