What's new

GBA-too damn small! (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if it's just the GBA that's too small, or that it's just too uncomfortable to use, but I'm having a hell of a time with the L and R buttons. Usually, I rest my index fingers lower (in the indents), since a lot of games don't actively use these buttons that much. Started playing Metriod Fusion though, and noticed that it's really cramped to try to play with your fingers on L and R. Perhaps more incentive to get a GBA player for my GC?

Lee M T

Second Unit
I'm with you, the L & R buttons are definately a pain sometimes. And yes, I would say that is another reason for the list of why one should purchase a GB Player in a few months. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they can be annoying, but Nintendo was smart enough to make them wider the closer into the center of the unit they go, so you can rest your finger around the whole button and push down.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I guess I've never had a problem with it. It's very similar to the SNES controller and I played the heck out of my SNES, so the comfort came right back to me.

Glen

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I have more of a problem with the teeny tiny d-pad. But it's just a little quibble (pun intended :) ).
-Dave

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
And yes, I would say that is another reason for the list of why one should purchase a GB Player in a few months.
That the official U.S. name for it now, The GBA Player? And is the U.S. launch gonna be in March or May? I've heard both.

With Metroid, Zelda, and (today) Yoshi's Island, I've been playing my GBA a lot more lately--moreso than the Cube, even. And I hate playing on the GBA. That Player will be a godsend.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Yes, the GB Player will relax eyes all across the world when it releases. The US release date is in May, but nothing is set in stone just yet. The name is GB Player, not GBA Player. ;)

James D S

Screenwriter
Andre,
Well if that's a picture of you in your sig, I don't doubt it fits perfectly fine. :D
As for those of us with adult sized hands, the GBA can cramp the hell out of them. I had to stop playing Circle of the Moon for that exact reason. The GB Player should help out considerably!
I'm thinking about importing one - Does anyone see any problems with that?

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
I have to agree with the assessment that the L & R button can be a real pain. I'm holding the SNES controller and GBA, side by side, and pressing on the shoulder buttons, it's obvious to see that the SNES controller was designed so that adult index fingers could rest on the whole shoulder button while maintaining a comfortable feel without cramping, while still allowing the hands of children to get to the ends of the shoulder buttons (which is actually where they depress). You can basically do the same with the GBA, but it's nowhere near as comfortable. I've never thought myself to have particularly bigs hands (on occasion I'd have problems holding onto the football in high school and college after all...heh), but the GBA could have been a bit more "adult-hand-friendly" with just a minor adjustment or two in the design.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
no, you would not be able to play imported games on your GBA player, not because the GBA games would be incompatibel, but because the GB PLayer requires a bootdisk, which if imoorted would be incompatible with your (un-modded) cube.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
When I play my GBA for a prolonged period, my pinky & ring fingers have a nasty habit of going to sleep on me which is really weird

Rodrick

Second Unit
Well then just wait for the Gameboy DS or the PSP. They'll be even more complaints. Can't anyone be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.