What's new

GBA-SP Launch Deals (1 Viewer)

Matt Davis

Auditioning
comp usa has an add in the paper today for their 19th anniversary. gba-sp(cobalt) plus guilty gear x for $99.99.
not to bad. anyone know of any other specials?
-matt

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Well, HTF has a policy on not reporting deals until the ads come out. I'll have a good deal of stuff in the Coupons and Bargains threads though on Sunday.

Glen

Matt Davis

Auditioning
sorry, I don’t read the Coupons and Bargains forum to often (although I probably should…) so I didn’t realize the policy. the ad states the prices are valid March 21–23, so I should have waited until tomorrow. I will be sure to check out your post on Sunday, as I definitely plan on purchasing a gba-sp. what time do you generally post this type of info?
-matt:b

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
It's public info anyway. That ad was in the paper this morning.
Not to second-guess Glenn or put words in his mouth, but I think he was meaning more that the answer to "anyone know of any other specials? " is too soon to be discussed, not the CompUSA ad which, as you say, was in newspapers this morning & thus free to be discussed.

That's a very good deal at CompUSA BTW.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Yep. I was talking about other deals that could/will be in place.

Sorry for the confusion.

Glen

Bruce_S

Second Unit
Compusa is running a good deal on the Cobalt version of the GBA SP for $69.99 after rebate with a bundle purchase with Guilty Gear for $99.99. I called them yesterday and it's first come first serve basis. I'm wondering how many they are going to have in stock. I hope it's not another 'claimed' shortage deal like the PS2.

good luck,

bruce

Dalila

Stunt Coordinator
Better hope though if you have not pre-ordered one that everyone still has them. If you wait till the weekend you will prolly be out of luck, as every store has broken the street date on them. :)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Question. Is any store besides EB doing the Trade in Offer for your old GBA? EBX won't have any new shipments in till Monday.

Thanks!

Dalila

Stunt Coordinator
Software Etc, and Gamestop will give you money back on them too.

Where do you ppl actually use a hand held system?

I thought of picking this up, actually had one in hand tonite, but I can't ever imagine a scenario where I would be playing a game while on the move as it were.

When I am home, if I want to play a Game I fire up the PC or the GC.

So basically... where do you people use them is what I am asking.

:)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
So, will the SP actually be out today? I pre-ordered one six weeks ago through bestbuy.com and am wondering when I might get it. I've got the Namco four-in-one GamePak (Dig Dug, Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, and Pole Position) waiting to be used. :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I have an hour and a half train ride to get to work (each way). Unless I'm sleeping, I'm reading, listening to my iPod, or playing my GBA (now GBASP). But really, there are just some games that are worth playing.

It's also nice to have when my fiancee is using the GC or PS2 (both connected to the same TV).

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
All,

I just saw the Best Buy and Circuit City fliers in today's (Sunday's) paper, and both are featuring the SP. Hopefully it will be in stores today.

Dalila asked:

I actually don't have a home system right now. The SP makes sense, as I will use it at home and on the road (when I fly on business, in the car, etc.). Perhaps I will get a home system one day, but the SP will serve my needs for now. One reason I have not bought a home system is I am not sure what to get (PS2, GameCube, or X-Box). The SP doesn't really have competition and there are plenty of games available, so it's a no-brainer.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Between college classes... DURING college classes ;)

I just got back from Target w/ my new SP (got Driver 2 for free too). Cobalt Blue is metallicy good ;)

Also, the SPs seem to be precharged... a nice gesture from Nintendo for not torturing me while it charged for hours :)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
We just had the First and Second rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament here in Oklahoma City (six games total on Thursday and Saturday), and the GBASP made for a nice little diversion in between the games and at the halftimes.

KeithH--Namco. :emoji_thumbsup: That's all I played at the tourney. Good stuff. Perfect emulations of the original arcade versions. You'll like it. :)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I once had the Namco series for the N64 - Galaga is one of my all-time favorites. However, one of the drawbacks was the games inability to record high scores.

Has that changed for the GBA version?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks