GBA Replacement screen-somewhere other than Nintendo?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Bardon, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Just wondering if there's anywhere you can get replacement GBA screen covers besides direct from Nintendo. I'd like to pick one up retail somewhere, since they probably charge a bundle to ship to Canada. I called around and EB and Microplay don't seem to sell em-anywhere else you might suggest?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Screen covers? You mean new plexiglass?

3. Chris Bardon

Yeah, the plastic piece on the front (the one that says "Game Boy Advance" on it). Mine got a little scratched up in the afterburner install, and a replacement seems like a good idea.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I don't think anyone is selling new GBA shells. You'd have to call Nintendo, and they'd probably want to put it on

5. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Chris,
    Sorry, but as far as I know, the only place to get them from is Nintendo. I'm sitting here with two gameboy advances, two afterburner kits, and two replacement screens, wondering if I should install this thing myself or hire someone to do it.

6. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

Well, I'm halfway through my install now. A friend of mine and I were doing ours together but he got a fingerprint on his AR film and I loaned him mine. I got the new AR and a new screen from Nintendo this week and should finish my install now. It's taken me about 2.5 hours so far and unless you really like doing things yourself, have someone else do it. It's easier and less headache. I don't know about you, but my time is worth more than $30 or so (what most people are charging.)

However, I think I'll have a good sense of accomplishment when done. I probably should prioritize this project last (installing my Sat C kit, painting the bathroom) but I've already started...

7. Jim__B

Jim__B Stunt Coordinator

Have you looked at ebay, I know they are on there. Do a search for gameboy screens.

Hope this helps.

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I remember reading one kid rubbed his screen so hard and so much that the scratch on it was sort of wiped away. He made the glass just melt back into place.

11. Chris Bardon

12. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

The Nintendo online store ships to the U.S. only. However it says Canadian residents can order by calling 1-800-255-3700. Nintendo representatives are available from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Pacific Time, Monday through Saturday and 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Pacific Time, on Sunday.
    You should call and found out how much the shipping is to Canada.