What's new

GBA e-Reader device... (1 Viewer)

Drue Elrick

Stunt Coordinator
Nintendo e-Reader
I saw this thing at a Future Shop the other day. The device is $65 Canadian and includes one 'card' game - Donkey Kong Jr. Other games (cards) are $5.99 and $7.99. Its an intriguing device - old NES games that get read off the swiped card and allow you to play on your GBA.
Games/cards available include: Mario Bros., Tennis, Donkey Kong, Excite Bike, Urban Championship, Ice Climber, and Animal Crossing. With Animal Crossing card, it says you can unlock extra stuff on the GC game through the gamelink cable. There are also Pokemon cards that have to do with the game and the card game. I'm not sure how that works.
I think I would prefer a single cartrige with all the NES games on it (or as many as possible), but this seems like a 'cheap' alternative for Nintendo. Does anyone out there have this thing and use it? How is it?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I got it in a trade recently. I like the device. There were 5 cards to scan to play DK or DK Jr, but I think it's a pretty solid and neat device.

It's not as good as the real player, but once we get the GB player, it should become another NES... if they keep making games for the reader.

Glen

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
how do they store the data of the games? in the card, or in the e-Reader device?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure what you're asking.

The cards have datastrips on them that you scan with the e-reader. Once you scan all of the strips for a game it stores it in the e-reader.

Glen

Rodrick

Second Unit
It is really neat. I bought the E Reader. But one problem is the cards how to store them, and how to store them so the strip that scans the game doesn't get torn or wrecked.

I have all of the ones to date. But I heard if you ever go to China, you can buy a gameboy game with all of the NES games on it, including DK Jr, and Donkey Kong which never came out for the NES that I am aware of.

Don't know what to do with my Pokemon cards though Im not a Pokemon fan. But am interested in buying both Pokemon Pinball's they have out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks