What's new

Gay-Friendly Blu-rays (2 Viewers)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Speaking of Luke, I am almost shocked he agreed to be in this movie, as he has an ongoing agreement with Hallmark to make more films. Bros is pretty relentless in its attack on that channel's holiday films.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
We had tickets to go to Bros as a date night last Thursday. Hurricane Ian changed those plans...we left home for a few days (no damage, everyone is safe) AND the theater was closed on Thursday anyway. Chances are we'll catch it on streaming when it hits.

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Speaking of Luke, I am almost shocked he agreed to be in this movie, as he has an ongoing agreement with Hallmark to make more films.

Luke sounds like he may be done with Hallmark.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Useful to pay the mortgage perhaps but not for stretching one’s talents!

Don't underestimate the lure and comfort of paying the mortgage! Lol

Luke came out publicly in 2008 and Hallmark (whatever we want to think about them) was there for him when Brothers and Sisters ended and he needed a soft place to land.

I saw Bros on opening night, by the way, and absolutely loved it. I know it performed far below expectations at the box office (despite the reviews) but I predict its reputation will grow once it's available to stream, etc.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Just seen Cannes Film Festival prize winner Triangle of Sadness mainly because it stars Harris Dickinson. For the first hour he doesn’t put his shirt on. Then when he does there’s a very funny dinner sequence, after that the movie dies, in spite of Harris getting a deeper and deeper tan, though it’s only on his face that it shows as he keeps his shirt on! He doesn’t play gay in this either though everyone is lusting after him! But who can blame them?

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Sami Outabali.
Was watching new French thriller Novembre yesterday and I kept noticing one of the good looking faces in amongst the frenetic action and thinking I know him from somewhere. Discovered when credits came up at end it’s the boy who played Rahim in Sex Education who has also played gay in French tv film Proud (Fierté) from 2018 in which he played the lover of Benjamin Voisin who played one of the two lovers in Summer of 85.
Those French boys get around don’t they? Thank goodness!

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
I’m obsessed with Elite. So glad Ivan came to his senses at the end of season 5 and they are trailing very sexy scenes for Ivan and Patrick in season 6. We may be getting a Merli Pol and Bruno resolution, but looking at the way relationships have gone in past series, I doubt the road will be anything but a rocky one.
B545F292-FB74-4DFA-AB7C-EE1951CB867C.jpeg
33af961ffb3a5e7783cbcadc0233ee68.jpg
FdlaTweWQAA9zJl.jpeg
FdqhbeoXgAI36wg.jpeg

Last edited:

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
Fans of 9-1-1 Lonestar will enjoy Smiley Faced Killers as there is an awful lot of a naked Ronan Rubinstein in it. And when clothed he wears skin tight pale blue jeans. Lovely,

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
So what’s the new Interview With A Vampire like?
Well as there has been silence I imagine not may have seen it yet so I'll answer my own question. It's very good. Updated from the period slave owning original and Lestat is openly gay and in love with his protogee, who isn't blonde beauty Brad Pitt but a man of colour a pimp in early 20th century New Orleans, who is telling his life story again to the older version of the Christian Slater character from the movie (played by Eric Bogosian) who is dying. Modern scenes are also set during Covid epidemic.
Now I didn't think the update would work very well, but I've found myself hooked, but that may be because of the inclusion of all the gay elements that were removed for Tom Cruise. Lestat continually telling Louis how beautiful he is, tellingLouis he can be on top in their coffin, Louis wanting to chase handsome sailors the minute he becomes a vampire etc. Australian actor Sam Reid isn't stunningly good looking, but he is attractive, if a bit skinny when naked, which he likes to get before getting into his coffin at dawn, and Jacob Anderson isn't as pretty as Brad Pitt, but he has something! As in all good vampire stories it is very bloody, and this version is far sexier and far more gay than the Cruise movie version. I read it's been renewed for a second season, so the tale it seems has legs. Anne Rice did write a series of books about Lestat after all.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well as there has been silence I imagine not may have seen it yet so I'll answer my own question. It's very good. Updated from the period slave owning original and Lestat is openly gay and in love with his protogee, who isn't blonde beauty Brad Pitt but a man of colour a pimp in early 20th century New Orleans, who is telling his life story again to the older version of the Christian Slater character from the movie (played by Eric Bogosian) who is dying. Modern scenes are also set during Covid epidemic.
Now I didn't think the update would work very well, but I've found myself hooked, but that may be because of the inclusion of all the gay elements that were removed for Tom Cruise. Lestat continually telling Louis how beautiful he is, tellingLouis he can be on top in their coffin, Louis wanting to chase handsome sailors the minute he becomes a vampire etc. Australian actor Sam Reid isn't stunningly good looking, but he is attractive, if a bit skinny when naked, which he likes to get before getting into his coffin at dawn, and Jacob Anderson isn't as pretty as Brad Pitt, but he has something! As in all good vampire stories it is very bloody, and this version is far sexier and far more gay than the Cruise movie version. I read it's been renewed for a second season, so the tale it seems has legs. Anne Rice did write a series of books about Lestat after all.
If you’re interested, The Business podcast had a show this week about Interview. I listened and most went over my head…though it may be interesting for folks watching the show.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As in all good vampire stories it is very bloody,
This was a bit surprising. For some reason I'd always though of Anne Rice's vampires as more discreet, refined, and less, well, "messy". But Lestat here is pretty bestial when he's hungry or someone is standing in his way.

Been a long time since I've read any of the books. Could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks