What's new

Gay-Friendly Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Last night I watched The Heiresses on HBO Max. It's an Paraguayan film about an aging, genteel lesbian couple who is separated briefly when one of them is sent to jail. How the other one copes with the separation and rebuilds her life is the gist of the story. There is no sensationalism in this subtle film about a woman's emotional growth. The lead won an acting award at the Berlin Film Festival.

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Here's to the girls on the go...

Congratulations, Mike! You are NOW officially an Honorary Gay!!!

happy-gays-1553555697-1553555700.gif

Welcome! Your membership card is in the mail :)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I just can't resist, I'm weak!....but this IS the gay friendly Blu-Ray thread so....

"A matin-aaaayyy a Pinter plaaayyyyyy, perhaps a piece of Mahler! I'llllllllllllllll drink to that! And one for Mahler!"

Thank you and I'm sorry!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Wow. I didn’t know Elaine Stritch’s voice could be reproduced on paper!

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
While Chilean gay prison drama The Prince gets dumped by Amazon and censored on other platforms the amount of violence on television increases. Hunters, (Logan Lerman yeah!) while terrific stuff is incredibly violent, while Love Victor, a series dealing with teenage gay love is incredibly tame. Even straight love story Looking for Alaska shied away from showing flesh and love scenes. Light on love heavy on blood and guts. Aren’t things completely the wrong way round?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
while Love Victor, a series dealing with teenage gay love is incredibly tame.

But not tame enough for Disney+, evidently, even though it's only Disney-by-proxy because of the Fox buyout. Two men can hit each other and nobody bats an eye. But they kiss each other and suddenly that's when they sound the alarms. You'd think that wouldn't still be the case.

Now you tell me about a movie with gay sex and violence and it's been scrubbed from US streaming? The case for physical media is getting stronger by the day.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Tonight I streamed Leonard Soloway's Broadway from Amazon Prime. He's had a very long, very interesting career in the theater and seems to have known and worked with nearly everyone famous in one capacity or another on his way to winning two Tony Awards. The movie's grounded by his back-breaking, soul-crushing work to bring Maurice Hines' Tappin' Thru Life to New York, but scattered through it are marvelous tidbits about the Broadway of old. Those are the parts I really relished, and there weren't enough of them.

For example, we get Debbie Gravitte talking about his work with Jerome Robbins' Broadway. While her comments were fine, couldn't they have gotten some further juicy tidbits from Jason Alexander, Faith Prince, or Charlotte d'Amboise, all of whom, like Debbie, scored career highs with the show? And Leonard himself drops some pins about working with Jackie Gleason on Take Me Along or Lauren Bacall in Waiting in the Wings, or Jason Robards in A Moon for the Misbegotten, but I could have listened to HOURS of those stories.

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
Gorgeous Josha Stradowski is about to become a huge star courtesy of new fantasy series Wheel of Time. In the meantime one can enjoy a lot of him, in and out of his clothes, in Dutch gay romance Just Friends, which I just watched on Prime. It’s a lovely movie, and doesn’t have a nasty depressing ending! Recommended.
and did I mention Josha is gorgeous?

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Last night I watched The Heiresses on HBO Max. It's an Paraguayan film about an aging, genteel lesbian couple who is separated briefly when one of them is sent to jail. How the other one copes with the separation and rebuilds her life is the gist of the story. There is no sensationalism in this subtle film about a woman's emotional growth. The lead won an acting award at the Berlin Film Festival.

Loved this great movie

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
TCM played the great German classic Maedchen in Uniform (1931). Also available from Kino. Extraordinary film about a girls' boarding school and a young girl's attachment to a schoolmistress. Sensitively handled. Excellent restoration.

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
Watched Keep The Lights On last night. Both enjoyable and depressing at the same time this tale of love sex and drug addiction in 1990s New York is very well made, but ends up far less satisfying than Weekend or God’s Own Country, with one of the two leads far less convincing than the other. Still, any major movie dealing honestly with a gay relationship is worth seeing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've been watching Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix recently. It's a Glee-type high school fantasy series filled with original music and featuring a sweet, innocent romance between two male ghosts. Cheyenne Jackson also appears in a few episodes.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Staying Vertical from the director of Stranger by the Lake. A story of a screenwriter who is bi/pansexual, and I mean pansexual. Closeup shots of a vagina, of a childbirth and of an erect penis about to engage in anal sex. It's actually a story of love and survival in a world where staying vertical is the only way to survive a pack of wolves (figuratively and literally).

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I've been watching Julie and the Phantoms on Netflix recently. It's a Glee-type high school fantasy series filled with original music and featuring a sweet, innocent romance between two male ghosts. Cheyenne Jackson also appears in a few episodes.

I don't hate anything about that synopsis! I'll give it a try Matt, thanks! Sounds fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks