What's new

Gay-Friendly Blu-rays (2 Viewers)

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
I can’t say if the series is on Blu Ray or even dvd but this series has become something of a phenomenon in Europe. SKAM began in Norway, set in the equivalent of a high school with one season devoted to the story of young guy struggling with His sexuality then falling in love with new student. The French made their own version, followed by Belgium, Italy, Germany and Spain. There’s even an American version but doubt it will be as sexy as the French version which is beautifully done. Anyone seen it?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I can’t say if the series is on Blu Ray or even dvd but this series has become something of a phenomenon in Europe. SKAM began in Norway, set in the equivalent of a high school with one season devoted to the story of young guy struggling with His sexuality then falling in love with new student. The French made their own version, followed by Belgium, Italy, Germany and Spain. There’s even an American version but doubt it will be as sexy as the French version which is beautifully done. Anyone seen it?

The US version is called SKAM Austin, taking place in an Austin Texas high school. It appeared on Facebook Watch (I've never tried it). I'll try tracking it down.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
[/QUO

I just watched the first episode of the original Norwegian series and it did nothing for me.I may watch more episodes but with several seasons I may not .

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
The US version is called SKAM Austin, taking place in an Austin Texas high school. It appeared on Facebook Watch (I've never tried it). I'll try tracking it down.
The gay storyline doesn’t start until season 3 In the French version, and I’ve just seen there were only two seasons in Austin, so there’s no gay storyline to look forward to. For that you’ll have to go to French, Belgian, Italian, or Spanish version if Norwegian original doesn’t float your boat. There’s a subtitled version of the French series on Youtube as there’s no Blu Ray it seems anywhere.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
We officially HAVE a date! September 30th!

Yes, I'm really looking forward to it, though, truth be told, the stills I've seen seem to match up pretty closely with the 1970 version in terms of staging. The performances, of course, will tell the story.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale

RollieNZ

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Rowley
A musical that I enjoyed seeing live in London is:

'Everybody's Talking About Jaime'

No physical media available that I can find - but it is available on YouTube.
About a 16 year old English schoolboy who wants to be a drag queen.

An absolutely amazing performance by the lead.

The only issue for some may be the thick British accents and the slang.
There are no subtitles.

john a hunter

Screenwriter

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
A musical that I enjoyed seeing live in London is:

'Everybody's Talking About Jaime'

No physical media available that I can find - but it is available on YouTube.
About a 16 year old English schoolboy who wants to be a drag queen.

An absolutely amazing performance by the lead.

The only issue for some may be the thick British accents and the slang.
There are no subtitles.

The issue that I had with it was that, as a musical, I thought it definitely needed some pruning and or reshuffling of songs. In the second act especially, it felt like there was a power ballad interrupting the action every two minutes. It got repetitive and a little overwhelming (and not in a good way.) There was a point I actually groaned when his mother launched into yet another solo. As much as they wanted to showcase the cast, I think the FUNNY GIRL rule still holds. Make sure it serves the show as a whole, egos be damned.

Other than that, though, I agree with you that it was a fun show with some really great moments and a lot of laughs. I also thought John McCrea is amazing in the lead and it was a great time!

John McCrea:
MV5BMjk2NTE3Y2YtYjQ5YS00NTVmLWI5NGMtNTVlMTBjMWNjMGJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk2ODAxMTk@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Straight to Netflix.

The Broadway revival (which, ironically enough, was also its Broadway premiere) was a Scott (no ice in your glass) Rudin/Ryan Murphy production and the movie version of the show was part of Murphy's deluxe Netflix deal that also included HOLLYWOOD and THE POLITICIAN. Joe Mantello directed it both on stage and for the film.

The play is set entirely in Michael's apartment (although it's a grand, two story set) so I wouldn't be surprised if the movie was slightly opened up in the same way that the 1970 movie was. I think the 1970 got it exactly right in how to open up the show for the screen so I wouldn't mind that at all. I've mentioned it before but I was lucky enough to see the last Broadway performance at the Booth two years ago (before Parsons had to fly back to LA for the final season of BIG BANG) and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

I trust Murphy (to a point) in getting it right. After all, HE didn't write it!

Here's hoping we'll get a clearer shot of Matt Bomer in the shower! :thumbs-up-smiley:
(I had to stare up at the mirrors on the ceiling to see his flawless ass)

Last edited:

ptb2020

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Trevor Bale
The Broadway revival (which, ironically enough, was also its Broadway premiere) was a Scott (no ice in your glass) Rudin/Ryan Murphy production and the movie version of the show was part of Murphy's deluxe Netflix deal that also included HOLLYWOOD and THE POLITICIAN. Joe Mantello directed it both on stage and for the film.

The play is set entirely in Michael's apartment (although it's a grand, two story set) so I wouldn't be surprised if the movie was slightly opened up in the same way that the 1970 movie was. I think the 1970 got it exactly right in how to open up the show for the screen so I wouldn't mind that at all. I've mentioned it before but I was lucky enough to see the last Broadway performance at the Booth two years ago (before Parsons had to fly back to LA for the final season of BIG BANG) and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

I trust Murphy (to a point) in getting it right. After all, HE didn't write it!

Here's hoping we'll get a clearer shot of Matt Bomer in the shower! :thumbs-up-smiley:
(I had to stare up at the mirrors on the ceiling to see his flawless ass)
Lucky you. I’d love to have seen it on stage. Here’s hoping the movie will be a bit more imaginatively directed than the 1970 version. I mean who did think the Exorcist Director ideal to direct it?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It predates The Exorcist, which I've always found immensely overrated, by three years. The only films he made before that were Good Times (the Sonny and Cher star vehicle, not the TV sitcom), The Birthday Party (a film of a Harold Pinter play), and The Night They Raided Minsky's (produced by Norman Lear with a Charles Strouse score). Doing a film of a Harold Pinter play probably had the most to do with getting him Boys in the Band.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Doing a film of a Harold Pinter play probably had the most to do with getting him Boys in the Band.

I just can't resist, I'm weak!....but this IS the gay friendly Blu-Ray thread so....

"A matin-aaaayyy a Pinter plaaayyyyyy, perhaps a piece of Mahler! I'llllllllllllllll drink to that! And one for Mahler!"

Thank you and I'm sorry!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I just can't resist, I'm weak!....but this IS the gay friendly Blu-Ray thread so....

"A matin-aaaayyy a Pinter plaaayyyyyy, perhaps a piece of Mahler! I'llllllllllllllll drink to that! And one for Mahler!"

Thank you and I'm sorry!
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Completely appropriate, I'd say! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks