What's new

Gauging Interest: Would you like "TV Threads" like we have in the Movies forum? (1 Viewer)

Would you like TV threads, or prefer to leave the forum the way it is?

• Total voters

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We can install an add-on for XenForo that has the same functionality as Movie threads,but for TV shows. It will show a poster and summary info also.

Please let me know if you're a fan or not by responding to the poll.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm just confused. I;m not even sure what the question is

What's the difference currently between something like ONWARD (2020) Movie thread vs Homeland Season 8 TV thread or is there something else I;m completely out of the loop?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Absolutely not! I was actually a bit excited to find that mess wasn't cluttering up the Movies threads after the upgrade. Makes me sad to know it's probably coming back to that one... I rarely visit the movies threads because of that one little thing.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think it works better for Movies, because they're a one-off. For a lot of shows, we have separate threads for each season. It wouldn't be nearly as organic for TV shows.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What on earth is happening? Why people are voting no? We are visual beings. In the movies section I can find and recognize a thread instantly by the poster. If there was no poster, it takes longer to recognize a thread. I say overrule all and add it! :D

The only problem is for threads that don't have an id, a poster, they don't have the same height. If it was possible to make all threads the same size, the same height, it would be visually more appealing. (maybe, it should be tested)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
HTF, home to curmudgeons since 1997. :biggrin:

anigif_enhanced-27352-1422553987-16.gif

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
What on earth is happening? Why people are voting no? We are visual beings. In the movies section I can find and recognize a thread instantly by the poster. If there was no poster, it takes longer to recognize a thread. I say overrule all and add it! :D

The only problem is for threads that don't have an id, a poster, they don't have the same height. If it was possible to make all threads the same size, the same height, it would be visually more appealing. (maybe, it should be tested)
Some of us have no idea what the "poster" even looks like. Many don't convey the title adequately, if at all. For those reasons the "posters" are, for me, visual noise taking up too much room on the page. I fully rely on the thread name to tell me what the it's about.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I am looking at the images.

ss01-png.159254

Then it seems you get sub forums for seasons:

ss06-png.159259

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
One thread for each episode is great. You don't get spoiled. You read the threads that you have seen. And people can easily talk without using spoiler tags in the threads.

Here is the example:

This is even more useful than the movie one. It's like going 3 dimensional!

Last edited:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
One thread per episode would pretty much kill the forum for me. I don't think I would bother posting here and just stick to reddit.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah dvdtalk does that for most of the shoes and I despise it.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I think one thread per episode has nothing to do with the add-on. It's the admins who organize the forums. I suppose one thread per season is also possible under a sub-forum for the show. There are other examples here:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I don't want to see subforums for each season but it might be nice to have links to threads for prior seasons in the first post of a current season thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks