Gattaca sunglasses

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Has anyone else seen the deal (i saw it in FHM), where you just pay the S&H for a pair of sunglasses, and they send you the glasses for free? It was a pretty nice tear-out full-page ad, and the website was given as www.gattacacorp.com .
    I checked out the site, and promptly had palpitations when i saw the prices of their glasses over there! [​IMG]
    So.... has anyone else tried this out? Thoughts?

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I read about this somewhere... They're scams, they're not real gattaca sunglasses. Like they always say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is..

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I think they are real. Its just a new company, and they are doing market research. My cousin bought a pair of Orion or some other name of sunglasses under the same kind of deal. They arent designer knockoffs like "Oakys" or "Ray Band" its just a no-name eyewear company, however, the shades my cousin got were VERY high quality. I saw the Gattaca company in the SkyMall catalog last time I flew. Looked legit to me. Let us know how they are if you decide to get them. I would jump on it, but I have Rx glasses, and I dont wear contacts.

4. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith Stunt Coordinator

I paid the ten bucks or whatever it was a couple of years ago to get a pair. They're not terrible, but they're pretty cheap. They're definitely not worth near what they say they are. I also bought a hard case from them, and it somehow got rusty without being exposed to water. I'd go to the mall and pickup a cheap pair instead [​IMG]

5. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

I was planning on ordering the case! It looks so cool - brushed aluminum, and one of those glasses. I don't wear contacts either, but its never too late to find an excuse to wear them! [​IMG]

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, contacts rule... CHEAP SUNGLASSES! [​IMG]

7. Tim H

Tim H Stunt Coordinator

I've got a few free pairs from Gattaca. They're not the absolute best glasses I've ever had, but they are a great deal for just the cost of s/h. No way would I pay their full prices.

They've been running this deal for a year or two. A friend of mine got some glasses a while back. He loves his and convinced me to order a couple pairs.