Gattaca dvd

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Lockwood, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Steve Lockwood

Steve Lockwood Stunt Coordinator

Hello,

I got Gattaca superbit version for xmas. I have never seen this film and was wondering which is the better version to have the regular or the superbit? Thanks.

2. GlenH

GlenH Stunt Coordinator

Generally speaking, Superbit titles have no special features at all. However, the reason they do this is so they can increase the picture quality (less compression) and sound quality (add a DTS track and better Dolby Digital track).
    So, personally, if I did not already have a title, I would always buy the Superbit version over regular as I do not care too much for the extras. Unfortunately, I've already bought most of the non-superbit versions.[​IMG]

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Superbit has a better transfer/sound

Normal version is cheaper, and has about 10 deleted scenes and a little crappy EPK feature

4. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I have the "regular" edition, which is cheaper and has extras. I prefer it as its audio and video are grade A and the deleted scenes are kind of interesting. Plus since it retails for only $19.99, as opposed to the $27.95 Superbits version, it seems like a no-brainer decision to me.