What's new

Gatorade WATER? (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
WTF is that all about ? I thought water was ... water!! There's Evian, which is ok - its found a niche among models and wannabes everywhere, but HOW can Gatorade offer more "energy, stamina and performance" from plain old water??
Or if they're adding stuff to it, it doesn't remain water!!
:thumbsdown: Just thought it kinda strange and wanted to vent.
Nurse is it time for my medication yet?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Gatorade is pretty much just water anyway. I'd assume this is Gatorade without the flavoring (or maybe something so it tastes like water).

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Do an internet search on 'oral rehydration solution.' Not that Gatorade quite fits that category, but....

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
Bottled water is one of the fastest growing categories of packaged goods: 30% last year vs. 0.6% for soda. More than $3.5 billion in bottled water will be sold domestically this year. The two major players, in the U.S. at least, are -- surprise, surprise -- Coke and Pepsi.

Pepsi currently is #1 with its Aquafina brand and Coke is #2 with its Dasani brand. Aquafina is literally just filtered tap water. Dasani, on the other hand, is tap water with added minerals (e.g., a mineral packet similar to the Coke concentrate).

I'm guessing that Gatorade is just trying to jump on the bandwagon.... If the world needs 150 kinds of SUVs, then what's another bottled water brand...

Michael*K

Screenwriter
You're talking about the flavored water they sell called Propel. I think it comes in four flavors, has about 10 calories per serving and supposedly contains various vitamins and minerals. I've tried the stuff. Not bad, but if I'm working out, I don't need flavored H2O. Plain water is just fine.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I've always liked bottled water simply because I typically don't like carbonated beverages.

What I do hate though is companies like Desani, Evian and other companies that add minerals "to enhance the taste" or whatever. All that stuff does is make it taste bitter.

My fav would be Music Mountain. They don't seem to have any minerals in it. Whether it does is immaterial as it is the best tasting bottle water I've tried.

The only time I will drink that Evian crap is when there's nothing else at the c store.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
ha the propel stuff is ok (only the lemon, it somewhat tastes like lite country time lemonade). But I would never bye evian or dasani or all that crap. water, last time I checked was free out of my faucet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks