What's new

Gateway Connected DVD Player (1 Viewer)

JonR

Auditioning
Just curious if anyone has any input on the Gateway Connected DVD Player? It looks pretty cool. You are able to use it to view audio and video through your network (either wireless or via ethernet) on your TV and/or stereo system. It doesn't support DIVX right now, but I read that it will be upgraded soon to offer it, via a firmware update patch.

I have a friend that has an X-Box with a mod-chip that is running a Media Center application that is very similar to this and it will run DIVX and every other media file you can imagine. I am not a big gamer, so I don't think I could justify buying an X-Box just for this feature.

I was just curious if anyone has one of these, and what their comments are.

~Jon

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I have a modded XBOX with the XBOX MEDIA PLAYER(ver 2.3) running. It was a PAIN to setup, but now it works GREAT! I can stream any media file from my home network to my XBOX and it's hooked up to my home theater. If I didn't have this setup I might get the gateway player. I also use my XBOX as an FTP server.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks