What's new

Gasket Blowout... Help! (1 Viewer)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Hi everyone,

I was listening to my DIY sub and it started making loud banging sounds (not good). This was a surprise since it's been working for 3+ months. As far as I can tell, the seal on one of the PRs developed a leak and was causing the PR to travel in a non-linear fashion. I've taken out the driver and PRs and nothing looks damaged. So, how do you recommend sealing the driver/PRs onto the box? Obviously the stock gasket didn't work. Should I remove it and use silicone caulk under the bare metal flange? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help...

Vince Bray

Stunt Coordinator
If it's the stryke PR, or has the large rubber gasket, you'll likely do better without the gasket. I found it impossible (or very unlikely) to get the screws through the gasket and into the t-nuts without stripping the t-nuts anyway. A great gasket is the foam tape from madisound. Buy a bunch and keep on hand. I would not use glue or silicone, as it is a mess later.

Vince

Travis G

Stunt Coordinator
Do not use silicon because the fumes can eat some glues that hold speakers together and surrounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks