What's new

Gas BBQ grill recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We purchased an inexpensive, small Dyna-Glo propane grill for my mother for Mother's Day. She wanted something small for the patio at her new condo, so we left her old large grill behind at my parents home in northern Michigan for the estate sale. I am surprised at how much more quickly this tiny three burner grill cooks things than my large six burner grill. We gave it an inaugural run last week, and I was cooking the burgers. Good thing I checked them quicker than I normally do, or I would have burned the burgers.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
@Sam Posten yeah, a lot to drool about there. The most interesting thing I saw, if I understand it right, was you can set a temp, and the grill will keep that temp without out all the finagling with the knobs.

Does anyone have a gravity fed charcoal grill/smoker? Those seem pretty cool.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good time to buy, it’s grilling season! :)

415CF4DA-75AE-4D6A-924D-9A70BC6BBB8A.jpeg A6F8CCDD-9A99-49F5-934E-3CF10AFCEA27.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That’s a sweet looking grill. If I were buying new today, I’d have that super fast! But I’m really happy with my Weber and the new features aren‘t enough to replace my nigh-perfect grill.

The best new feature of the new grill is the integrated light.

I’ve got the iDevices (now Weber) temperature probe, which I love. Having that integrated would be nice, but not killer to me. My grilling isn’t so precise I need the grill to auto-mantain.

The storage bin would be nice. I’ve learned I don‘t use all the other features. I’ve got a rotisserie I use like once a year. I use the Sear station like once a year. Grill basket, gets used once in a while.

Cool new grill. Fortunately grills aren’t computers and I don’t have big upgrade envy. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Under my Christmas tree this year, Santa brought me a set of all new burner tubes, flavorizer bars and heat deflectors for my Weber Grill.

I am looking forward to the day this spring when I dismantle the grill, give it the deepest of cleanings and reassemble it with all new guts. :D

My middle burner tube has been sketchy for a while now. It'll be nice to have it back operating at peak efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks