What's new

Gas BBQ grill recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happy grilling, Colin!
htf_imgcache_32220.jpeg

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I've been looking for a grill also. I live on the coast and keep the grill out by my pool. Between the salt air, heat, and elements I've not had a grill last more than a few years. The grill itself often rusts within the first year. Even the porcelan ones!?!?!??!
I've been looking to get a stainless grill, and obviously am very interested in a corrosion resistant grill.
I've found these online;
Stainless steel gas grills from The Wilmington Grill
Sarka Stainless Steel Grills
http://www.titangrills.com/images/titan_site_6.swf
What do you think? Anyone have any experience with these or other corrosion resistant grills?
I balk at paying over $1000 for a grill, but I also am sick of paying $300 every two years...

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Eric,
Why don't you name the miscreant brands of BBQ's you've managed to rust out? (Also which coast?) :confused: The solid cast stainless steel burners in my Barbeques Galore "classic Turbo" are guaranteed for life.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I don't recall all of them, but they were all purchased at Home Depot, and so were the replacement parts.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Another plug for Weber here. I had a problem with my burners about 2 years after I bought it, I called and they mailed me replacements no questions asked.

whitney0125

Auditioning
Real Name
Whitney Lee
hi,
i can recommend to you that you need to search for some gas grill reviews so you will know more information and what is the best gas grill according to the expert. And what is best for your needs and your budget.

Carmena

Auditioning
Real Name
Carmena
There are a lot of expensive stainless steel gas grills on the market. Most are well built of high quality stainless steel with welded seams and high gloss finishes.

--------------------

Gas Barbecues

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Let's revive this thread. I want a new grill, a propane grill. Anyone have any experience with the infrared models? Walmart has a Charbroil infrared with 3 burners for $258. I have two concerns: 1) At that price point, how well is it built? Very suspicious of that; and 2) Seems like I've read somewhere that you can't sear meat with infrared.

I was looking at this Weber: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-Genesis-6511001-637-Square-Inch-Liquid-Propane/dp/B0045UBB36/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1397312442&sr=1-3&keywords=weber+gas+grill

I do see several recommendations in this thread for Weber. Any tips and tricks, features to look for, would be appreciated. Many years ago, we had a grill with a side burner, but I never used it. I've seen mentions of "searing stations", what are those?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The Weber I provided the link to does not have a sear-station burner, but the next model up (330) does. It's another $100. I'm really interested if anyone has any experience with the sear-station burner.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your point 2..."Read somewhere infrared doesn't sear"...Whaa???? (T missing on purpose) That is the entire point of the infrared snake oil. Excessive heat.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm not going to bet the farm that my memory is correct, but it is something I seem to recall.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I'm way late to the party with this reply, but I purchased a Weber Summit 650 Stainless about 4 years ago. Man, has it turned out to be a good investment!

Like many, I've owned numerous grills over the years. But always the $150-$200 ones and they'd rust out before too long. And because they got so nasty looking so fast, I was disinclined to actually use them.

All of that changed when I invested $1,500 in the Weber. What a joy to own and use! And, most important, it actually makes grilling EASIER. Virtually no flareups and very even heat distribution! And the temp gauge in the hood is actually reasonably accurate and it still works after 4 years! And the igniters are working after 4 years! Imagine that!

Weber's customer service is second to none! I purchased a Weber grill cover with the grill. The cover is warrantied for 2 years. About 18 months in, the cover started developing cracks. I called Weber and the rep had me send a photo via an email address she gave me. About 5 days later, a brand new cover showed up at my front door. Then, after another 18 months, the second one started cracking. This time, I didn't expect to get a replacement because I figured the warranty time would be for the original purchase only. Nope… each replacement cover has a 2 year warranty too! At this rate, I'll never have to buy a new cover again! :)

I can't say enough positive things about my experience with the Weber. Since we live in California, we used it year-round. I grill (and sometimes actually do BBQ ribs) about 2-3 times per week. Chicken, fish, steak, roasted vegetables, etc. I frequently use the side burner to make sautéed mushrooms and every Thanksgiving I do our turkey on the rotisserie with some wood smoke added. It's the best turkey I've ever had, period!

I'm a customer for life. Frankly, I doubt I'll ever need to buy another grill. I can easily see this Weber lasting another 25 years. But if I do need to shop for another grill, the only shopping involved will be WHICH model of Weber to buy!

Mark

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Mark, the Summit line is above my budget, way above. But you are one more vote for Weber. I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on the copper colored genesis 330. BTW, does yours have a sear burner and do you use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks