What's new

Gary Glitter Nabbed in Vietnam (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't saying they should play his stuff at events... just that my understanding is that he doesn't make any money from that.

Actually, his only song I know of that gets played is "Rock & Roll Part 2", which is basically an instrumental except for the word "hey!". And probably 90% of the audience in the US couldn't name the artist or the song title when they hear that song. The song doesn't say anything controversial & few people know the artist, or his recent problems...

So I guess I am a little confused why people would be concerned about that being played after all.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member

If more people knew that the song was written by Gary Glitter, perhaps they would associate the playing of "Rock and Roll, Part 2" more with pedophilia than with victory (or whatever). And so, eventually, arenas would glom onto this association, and the song wouldn't get as much playtime. And some small residual amount from the ASCAP licensing fees wouldn't make its way down to Gary Glitter. And so on and so forth.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to know how many of the people who choose the music at events even know about this... probably few.

Can we still listen to Thriller?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, and there's also the fact (yes, fact) that none of Jackson's accusers have been reputable in any way.

It's funny that none of the financially-secure children he hung around with like Macauley Culkin ever came forward with allegations, just the kids of a failed screenwriter and a known scam artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks