What's new

Garrard AT6 Trouble (1 Viewer)

Marcus Richards

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus
Hi everyone!!

I've been working on trying to rebuild an old Electrohome unit from the late 60s. This unit includes a Garrard AT6 Record player.

In an attempt to optimize performance I followed the original manual and oiled the reccomended barings. However when I play 33s it doesn't seem to have quite enough torque to spin up it speed or to disengage the arm at the end of the album.

What steps would you reccomend I follow in order to help solve this problem?

I've been doing stereos for years, but am somewhat new to record players. ^^;

Marcus Richards

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus
Hmmm... no replys.

Well I have an update on the player. After finally managing to get the player out of it's unit I cleaned it all up and wiped away the old grease and put oil on all the moving parts.

While this has solved arguably the most important problem... keeping time the player still has one major issue remaining. That issue is the auto-loader. The ideler wheel isn't able to maintain enough torque to turn the table while it's trying to turn the shaft which is what makes the loader and arm move.

Does anyone have any tips on how to solve this issue? Do you recommend any particular type of grease or oils that should be used?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks