Gargoyles Season 2 - when does it get released?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlo S, May 25, 2005.

1. Carlo S

Carlo S Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have any ideas when this gets released??

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

My guess is it will come out later this year... similar to how Season 1 came late '04.

3. JamesTaylor

JamesTaylor Stunt Coordinator

Good news guys! This has just come in, direct from UltimateDisney.com -
    Yay! We'll have it by the end of the year! Enjoy!
    -James

4. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    I wonder how many episodes will be on part 2.

5. Carlo S

I was hoping they would release all of season 2 in one go....oh well

6. Kris_AB

Kris_AB Stunt Coordinator

At least they're not splitting it up into three or four volumes the way I was afraid they would. There's a much better chance we'll get the rest of the series released this way. Season 2 will only require two parts.

And I know a lot of people don't care about Season 3 (The Goliath Chronicles) because it wasn't done by creator Greg Weisman and it's apparently pretty horrible, but I hope it sees release as well, 'cause I never saw more than two or three eps when I was a kid.

The series is being continued as a comic book next year. Greg Weisman is writing it, so it'll all be in-continuity of course, not like the short-lived Marvel Comics series from the `90s. One of the original character designers will be participating in some way, doing the covers at the very least. They're going for the same look. It's being published by Slave Labor Graphics, it'll be bi-monthly.

7. Carlo S

A continued comic series. Cool.

Am I the only one here into thinking that Demona is possibly the most dangerous of Gargoyles when enemies underestimate her?

8. Jim Harvey

Jim Harvey Second Unit

This is the most recent "Gargoyles: Season Two" thread I could find while performing a search in these forums. My apologies for any mistake, and feel free to move it to the proper thread, etc, if I'm in error.

I received a copy of Gargoyles: Season Two, Volume One to review just a couple days ago, and I’m slowly making my way through it. So far, in terms of extras and content, it’s the same caliber as the first Gargoyles: The Complete First Season released last year. The menus are iffy in terms of quality but the transfer are solid, extras are enjoyable, and the packaging is well done. I’m hoping to get a review of the set online as soon as I can, pending my current schedule. Gargoyles fans will not be disappointed!

Dec. 6th is the street date for this new three disc DVD set!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...s=dvd&v=glance

9. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Stunt Coordinator

I am a big fan of this show and can't wait to get this set. I was a little skeptical that it has 26 episodes over just 3 discs but I am glad to see that the transfers are still solid so its all good. Hopefully this set will illiminate those annoying "previously on Gargoyles" recaps. That was my only complaint about the first set. Even if it does keep this problem it will not be enough to prevent me from enjoying probably the best cartoon show ever and the best action series ever made. Its such a brilliant show and this set has all my favorite episodes.

10. Jim Harvey

Jim Harvey Second Unit

They remain, as they're part of the episode.

11. Jim Harvey

Jim Harvey Second Unit

12. Christi P

Christi P Agent

I havn't seen Gargoyles at all. If I decide to pick these up, is the end of season 2 a good place to stop watching? Is there a cliffhanger ending?

13. Jim Smith

If you really haven't seen this masterful cartoon let me tell you the entire series is one giant movie. If you watch any episode in the middle of the series it won't make sense. As for the Goliath Chronicles while these episodes didn't match the earlier shows it was still a good series that I highly enjoyed.

14. Jim Harvey

Jim Harvey Second Unit

15. Jim Smith

Pretty good review. This set is top of my Christmas list.