What's new

Gargoyles Season 2 Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
This was posted on UltimateDisney.com (a source for info on Disney DVDs (both tv and movie)) .. it is not really a 'new' development, just an update.
Very sad, I bought both of these (S1 and S2v1) as soon as they released; this was truly a great show in my opinion, and the DVDs were affordably priced too. I hope they end up cranking out the final volume (I am not counting the much less entertaining Goliath Chronicles) at some point for us diehards to pick it up, or make it available somehow for order. It is not like a network discontinuing a series which sold poorly in seasons 1-3 like Boy Meets World, rather than spending years finishing out another 5, 6 or 7 seasons at a loss to the company. One more volume, Disney/Buena Vista!! One more!

For those of you who are not Gargoyles fans, this Greg guy was the creator and mind behind the series, he had a great vision for years worth of further material, and he continues (for no profit that I'm aware of) maintaining a fansite where he answers fans questions about the show (some are really dumb questions too). It's not just a case of some guy trying to rake in some more cash for himself, in other words.

I maintain hope for season 2 volume 2!

Brian-C

Grip
I too have bought both Season 1 and Season 2 Volume 1. I too will be severely disappointed if they do not complete the entire series. Disney makes enough money as is, they should keep all fans happy, even the minorities. If Season 2 Volume 2 were to come out, I would buy it upon release.

Real Name
Germán Ramirez
Troubling news. I've been meaning to buy the DVDs and will do that now if that helps. Will also prod my friend who is a Gargoyles fan to buy them too.

And for those interested Greg Weisman has been working on a Gargoyles comic book which is a continuation after season 2(the disappointing season 3 is ignored). He is also working on the W.I.T.C.H. season two animated series on Toon Disney.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
You'd think that now that they brought back a Gargoyles comic, they would take advantage of the opportunity to release the old DVDs.

Paul

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
I could be wrong, (if I've misunderstood the question of who has the rights to what nowadays), but I believe Disney/Buena Vista are the same people who also own X-Men TAS, and you would have thought that they would have released that series when X3 hit. They *have* to be the most incomprehensible of all the studios as far as TV DVD goes.

But I hope that in those comics they are actually placing ads for the Gargoyles DVDs (like S1 and s2v1). I don't think I ever saw an ad for them anywhere, online, or otherwise (and I see childrens programming a fair amount due to having a lot of small cousins). And hopefully if the comic finds an audience, it will spur sales! I guess any recognizeability is good, as the show ended a good... 11 ? years ago.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Never saw Gargoyles, but I feel for you guys... been through the pain of never seeing JEM season 3, part 2 released.

Now I'm concerned that Disney won't release part 2 of Commander In Chief (which they shouldn't have split up anyway...c'mon..it's just one season!) - if part 1's sales don't meet their most-likely-ridiculous standards.

Don't you think there's a strongly implied promise there...if half a season is released as part one...that the rest of the season *will* be released? It's crummy of Disney. I wish this trend of splitting up seasons, would stop already.

This Gargoyles situation reminds me of JEM also in the sense that in both cases the studios decided to split up seasons into 3 DVD sets when they could've released the whole shebang on 6 discs (like most TV season sets do) and be done with it. But nooooo...they had to drag it out and over-charge for 3 DVDs at a time, hoping to get more money from fans in the long run. Bah.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
I really hope they crank this one out....would love to complete this excellent series.

But I don't know if I am willing to buy 2 of them to do it (I already own the other volumes). Too bad it's not xmas, I could give them as gifts. :P

Jonny Modlin

Agent
Real Name
Jonathan
I would like to see Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 2 released on DVD. I am appealing to those of you who still have not purchased Gargoyles Season 1 and Season 2, Volume 1, please do so now and also tell your friends who like the show about Disney's Gargoyles to do the same to buy Gargoyles Season 1 and Season 2, Volume 1 on DVD at Amazon.com to increase sales to get the rest of Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 2 released on DVD that you will get and I will also get the rest of Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 2 on DVD to complete the entire series. They need to be shown the money. Thank you.

Jonny

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

This doesn't make a whole lot of grammatical sense, but any updates? You'd think Disney will get to this title eventually when they run out of the supposed hot-selling disney afternoon toons like ducktales and darkwing duck.

Jonny Modlin

Agent
Real Name
Jonathan
Will Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 2 be released on DVD hopefully this year, so that I can complete the entire series of Gargoyles on DVD. Did Greg Weisman say that Season 1 and Season 2, Volume 1 of Gargoyles sold well on DVD yet? Thank you and have a nice day.

Jonny

istallion1372

Auditioning
Real Name
john
If Gargoyles season 2 volume 2 was to be released i would buy it for double, no triple the price. Even if they don't release the Goliath Chronicles which was no where near as good as the original series they really should release season 2 volume 2. If the people who can make this happen are reading you have people who really want to see this happen and would no doubt pay to have this great piece of work in their collection.

istallion1372

Auditioning
Real Name
john
it's 2009 and us fans still have not forgot about Gargoyles season 2 volume 2! Please make this happen!

istallion1372

Auditioning
Real Name
john
i bought the complete first season of and season 2 volume 1 of Gargoyles immediately upon release and will do the same for Season 2 volume 2 if you would please just release it.

ScottIsMe

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
I just left this in the disney comment section (it's only for the website, but hey what else is there to try):

It's unfortunate that you do not have a link to leave a comment for the company, only the website.

This comment is for the company: please revisit the idea of releasing season 2 vol 2 of the gargoyls. This was a healthy and innovated show for my child with much more substance and depth than nearly all of your most current releases. It inspires an appreciation for history, shakespear, morality, and thoughtfulness.

Please notice that I suggested releasing it as opposed to releasing a DVD of it. While you may not be able to make your money back on DVDs, you certainly would have nothing to lose by developing a public and free stream of the episodes.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Originally Posted by ScottIsMe

I just left this in the disney comment section (it's only for the website, but hey what else is there to try):

Or how bout releasing them as a MOD like the Warners do? Then they would make them to order and lose zero monies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks