Garfield Volume 4 Wrong Price?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Josh_HI, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

Does anyone know why Best Buy has Garfield V4 for $39.99 on regular price? Since it's the first week of release shouldn't it be $29.99??? Not even Volumes 1-3 are that price...

2. John*D

John*D Second Unit

BB online says $34.99.

Why not order it from someplace like AMAZON, $27.99.

I'm probably going to wait until the DDD sale, I still got to watch Vol 3.

3. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Best Buy has a very notorious problem with overpricing in their stores and with their online site.

4. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

It shouldn't be any price other than the one they decide to sell it for. Best Buy has slowly been raising the selling price of DVDs for the past year. Everyone has surely noticed this. For years they, and other retailers, have been selling DVD titles at, or below, wholesale cost, simply because they were "new". Now that the DVD format has matured, and sales declining, retailers can no longer afford to lose the revenue they once did. There is no way they can put every new title released on sale for "loss-leader/traffic-building" prices.

"Garfield" V4 is probably not a huge traffic builder. I'm sure Best Buy looked at sales figures for the previous three volumes, and figured they'd make a little money on V4 this time.

5. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Yeah, but if Best Buy continues raisinig prices on their products a lot of entertainment fans are going to end up going to stores like Target and Circuit City (who seem to have lower prices than Best Buy anyway).

Then again, I do shop over at Overstock.com anyway so it's no nevermind to me anyway.

6. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

I agree, if best buy thinks they can pull a fast one they've got another thing coming. I had a big sigh of relief today. Saw Garfield V4 at Target for a regular price of $29.99. So I will be buying it there.[​IMG] Best Buys loss :p

7. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Way to get'em Josh!

8. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

I am not a huge Garfield and Friends fan, as I prefer the regular Garfield show, but as a DVD fan on a modest budget, I feel your pain. It could be a misprint, but otherwise, you should pricematch and check out the ads. I always do, and only pay the cheapest price available.

Ryan

9. Alex-A

Alex-A Stunt Coordinator

Garfield and Friends is the regular Garfield show as far as I know.

10. Johnny S

Johnny S Stunt Coordinator

I think he means he likes the Garfield cartoons, but not the Orson's Farm ones. Or maybe he's talking about the specials. [​IMG]