Garfield and Friends: Volume Three

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Alex-A, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Alex-A

Alex-A Stunt Coordinator

I was so happy when I read the news item about Volume Three over on TSoD I didn't know what to do. I immediately marked down the date to make sure I don't forget when its released.

Then I scrolled down to see the cover art. My first thought? "Holy Crap! It IS green!" To elaborate on that remark, when Volume Two was released, I thought to myself about what color they would use next. I figured green looked most logical. Damn that was weird. We must have been on the same vibe or something...

These cartoons represent my childhood, so I am greatful that Fox decided to put these out. Now if only we could get the Disney people (or whoever else is in charge) to put out sets of Ducktales, Tale Spin, Chip N' Dale's Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, etc...

Oh, for the record, my gut says Garfield Volume Four will be yellow...

2. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

They're putting these sets out pretty quick. [​IMG]

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Does anyone know the name of the episode, or what season it was featured when John, Garfield and Odie get swindeled into going on vacation by some character in a plaid suit with a big nose?

I think hew might have been featured on a number of episodes, he was sort of like the generic slick-haired sheister character that was probably used for various segments.

Anyways, they buy airplane tickets from him and board onto this rickety broken down plane where nothing works, and he end sup being there travel agent, stewardess, captain, etc. He doesn't even know how to fly the plane though, and parachutes out midway leaving John, Garfield and Odie to crash land near the North Pole. When they step out of the plane, he pops up again as a dog sled driver in an eskimo suit and John runs away shrieking...

It's one of my favorite episodes and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what season it's from?

4. Alex-A

Alex-A Stunt Coordinator

That episode is titled "Skyway Robbery". It is the first episode of Season three. It is on the Volume Two DVD set under episode 40 on the second disc. It is also the very episode where the "Friends are there" theme song was changed to the "We're ready to party" version.

5. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

What is the episode where Odie is like in a truck with some guy. And they play a song Keep on trucking I think. I haven't seen that on any set yet.

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Alex, I'm popping the disc in now!

[​IMG]

How many seasons did the show run before it started to dry out? I remember it airing reruns of later episodes in the early 90's that were pretty... bad. What season are you guys collecting up to?

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

8. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

Sweet! I got the first two as soon as they came out, somewhat afraid that I might have over-glorified these in my mind, I'd find that watching them now they wouldn't be as good as I remember. But they are great! I remembered correctly!

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I saw it today when I was out checking the prices on Knight Rider: Season 2, but I couldn't remember which volumes I already had so I didn't get it. Maybe tomorrow though if I get into the city. [​IMG]

10. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

I went to go get it today, but when I brought it up to the cashier, she scanned it and said that she couldn't sell it yet. I tried to reason with her with the "but it was on the shelf!" line. It didn't work though. [​IMG]
    I'll half to go back on Tuesday and pick it up. [​IMG]

11. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

Mine Shipped from DDD, so I'll hopefully get it tuesday or Wednesday