What's new

Garden Of Evil - April 24, France (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Apparently Garden Of Evil, Warlock, Broken Lance and Broken Arrow are being released in France. If they turn out to be worthwhile transfers I may look into them pending some reviews on whether they have forced subs. Good excuse to have my player set up to play Region B. I wonder if they will get a release here - maybe Twilight Time at some point?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Brent Avery said:
Apparently Garden Of Evil, Warlock, Broken Lance and Broken Arrow are being released in France. If they turn out to be worthwhile transfers I may look into them pending some reviews on whether they have forced subs. Good excuse to have my player set up to play Region B. I wonder if they will get a release here - maybe Twilight Time at some point?
The FOX DVD of Garden Of Evil has a disclaimer about the picture quality being the best possible from less than perfect elements. I thought the DVD was good, but is a good BRD possible from those elements? I hope so because I really like this movie but I doubt it.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Brent Avery said:
Ha, beat you to this news about a month ago (my post now way back on page 6). I've never seen Garden Of Evil, a DVD was released in the UK, but with mono sound! And that's no good to a Herrmann fan. As usual it's wait & see what info comes up on the net: forced subs, regions, picture quality?

I was cringing at the beginning of the Garden of Evil DVD after that message, but I thought it looked pretty good actually. That's an excellent lineup of titles for Westerns fans. Hopefully, they will look nice and not have the forced subs.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I thought Garden of Evil looked OK too - http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews37/fox_western_classics.htm

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Very interested to see how these turn out.

I'm on the verge of going region free with blu-ray so region coding wont make a difference to me very shortly.

hoo-rah!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
john a hunter said:
And the PQ, Roland?
Check it out on http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews37/fox_western_classics.htm . For a DVD I think it looks good. Better than the PAL version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks