What's new

Garden Hose (1 Viewer)

Joe S

Second Unit
I was reminded of my quest for the "perfect" garden hose when I was in the hardware store the other day.

Years ago, I had a half-inch 50 ft hose that I used for washing the car. It was flexible and not too heavy to maneuver. I think it was made from a nylon material. It eventually wore out (leaked) after 10 or 12 years and I sought a replacement.

The majority of hoses they sell are 5/8" and are more work to use than my old one. I could only find a 25 ft half-inch hose that looked like it was a similar material, but did not buy it because it would be too short.

Anyone use something similar or know who sells them (chain stores, etc)?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yup, you can buy a host extender at most hardware stores. I've seen them at Sears at least.

I have a cheapo 50' garden hose. I look at the thing and it kinks up. :laugh:

Jay

Joe S

Second Unit
>>> How about putting two 25' hoses together?

That's a possibility, but I hope to find the half-inch type someday.

(What happened to the message quoting - I couldn't find a way to quote and the Quote options at the bottom wouldn't let me check it)

(Wait- it's in the original messages- I don't think I've used it since the system was updated)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks