What's new

Garbage Pail Kids Movie!!! Pics and Movie Clips Attached!!! (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Has anyone ever seen The Garbage Pail Kids movie??? This movie seems really out there... Seeing as how I am a child of the 80's/90's, I have been looking for this to see what all the fuss was about... I know it is suppose to be one of the worst movies ever... But, is it bad in a good way??? Still have not found it yet... Sure, to movie snobs, old timers, and critics this movie will be bad, but to the child of this generation, does this movie have any laughs to offer???

Movie Clips:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/artic...65/winston.wmv

http://www.x-entertainment.com/artic...65/valerie.wmv

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
This shouldn't be TOO hard to find on an old VHS somewhere...

Oh, and then there's the black market DVD I found at a convention.

(No, I didn't buy it!)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
LOL!!!

Is the DVD version the PG-13 cut??? I heard that when it was released to video, it was cut down to PG, had some stuff taken out, and they added musical numbers or something like that...

Is the DVD version the full version???

Thanks... :)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Nah, the DVD was just a converted transfer from a PAL VHS tape.

The movie released to theaters and the movie released on video are the exact same PG-rated version. I don't even recall hearing about much material that ended up on the cutting room floor. I'll have to dig up my official GARBAGE PAIL KIDS MOVIE magazine!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Well,

I did see on a message board someone who did say there was a PG-13 workprint...

Then again, who knows if it is true...

I havent seen the movie at all myself yet... I hope there is only one version... That way I dont have to try and track down a very hard to find almost non-existant version...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I saw this one waaay back when it first hit VHS. My pals and I watched it on a rec-room double-bill with Russkies!

Fad flicks like these ones are always good for a laugh ten/fifteen years down the road.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Super Mario Bros. come to mind.

But The Garbage Pail Kids Movie...is something else altogether. :D

Odd timing: Seems the director died just over a month ago! TGPKM was his final film. :frowning:

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I remember watching this when I was in high school. I don't remember it being especially fun for a bad movie. Just bad.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Heh heh...

This is playing on the big screen in Pittburgh a few weeks from now (at this slightly off-kilter independent place known for being a bit out there). You even get a dollar off if you have an original card with your own name on it. Being as how my name doesn't even show up on those kiddie license plates, it looks like full price for me.

Nevertheless, I am perversely interested.

Evan

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
God I loved collecting the cards. Should we start a petition for a new anamorphic transfer and 5.1 mix? :D

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I at least had a chance to rent this on laserdisc 10 years ago, but never did- I held it in my hands though!
I think they had one card called "Messy Jesse" :)

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
I did not know this movie existed.

Now that I know, I have this to say: humanity is doomed! The end is nigh!

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
If you've made it this far in the thread, it might interest you to know that the diminutive actor inside the "Windy Winston" suit is named Arturo Gil... he was also one of the The Dinks in SPACEBALLS and most recently has been on many episodes of THE MAN SHOW.

BrandonL

Stunt Coordinator
I remember seeing this in the theater when I was in elementary school. No clue why my mom went with me to see it. Oh and they had people dressed up as the garbage pail kids walking around outside the theater for some promotion. I remember thinking the movie sucked and was happy we somehow got in for free.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Have you guys heard that GPK cards are coming back later this year? Topps is dusting off the series 16 prints that were never released and will be adding new artwork to complete the set.

I am still debating if I am going to puchase any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks