Garbage Pail Kids coming back

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Russell B, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Russell B

Russell B Stunt Coordinator

2. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

About time! [​IMG] I almost got expelled from grade school because of those cards. Will be nice to be able to collect them with no one punishing me for it [​IMG][​IMG]

3. RobR

RobR Second Unit

I collected a bunch of them (including 1st series) when I was a kid. I wonder how much they're worth now?

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I remember collecting them myself. A friend of mine even gave me a bunch of his collection to me for my birthday once, which ruled. Wish I still had them all.

5. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

man do I remember those, although I was only born in '87... I remember stil having a bunch of them tho that must've been passed down to me...

6. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I think I still have some somewhere. If they are of any value I'll go find them. Haven't got a clue where they are though.

7. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

I collected them, too. Didn't have any first series though. They were always the ones people saught after.

8. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

Maybe they will bring back the Wacky Packs too. I could go for a nice cold Dr. pooper right now.[​IMG]

9. Todd_B

Todd_B Second Unit

Now...maybe, just maybe, we can finally see "Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie" make it's way onto DVD [​IMG]

Todd B

10. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

11. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Second Unit

12. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Yep, that's the one! Man, those were a riot... [​IMG]

13. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

whoa!! I totally had those growing up!! They were so awesome. The kid who lived next door to me and myself were really into them. I remember my mom and his mom going out on the weekends and looking for different series for both of us. hahaha. It was insane. I had a whole baseball album full of 'em... we moved in 1987 and things got lost in the shuffle. I wish I knew what happened to them.

Does anyone have any idea what the older series might be worth today? I wanna say they went up to 5th series? I think that's as far as I got before I stopped.

scott.

14. Chris Moe

Chris Moe Screenwriter

I recently sold my collection of garbage pail kids on eBay, I had an entire sets of the first 7 series plus tons of extra cards. Made a decent amount of money off the sale as well.

15. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

I still have all mine. All cards in series 1-15 including alternate backs and the large cards. I guess I was lucky in that my dad got into the cards too. After the first couple sets he would buy a box in each new series and we would have fun sorting the cards together.

Garbage Pail Kids, the perfect family bonding activity.[​IMG] :b [​IMG]

16. TomF

TomF Stunt Coordinator

Garbage Pail Kids are more common and in less demand, but if you have any from the first few series they are worth more. Wacky Packages have become very collectible, especially over the last 5-6 years. Some of them are pretty valuable, depending on their condition, especially the first few series. The fifth through ninth series are the most common (that's when they were the most popular and printed the most) but they all still sell well on ebay. The original artwork (one-of-a-kind pieces) sell for thousands of dollars--lots of fanatical collectors out there.