garage surround sound

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by aaronSR, May 26, 2006.

1. aaronSR

aaronSR Auditioning

hi , i was wondering if any one could help me with some pointers , i gathering material to install some speakers in my det. garage, and was wondering what size wire should i run and how many conductors? I am not doing any thing to fancy just 4 speakers two in the garage and 2 mounted under neath the eve., for some sounds out side. And reccomandations on indoor and out door speakers?
    i would appreciate it if any one could steer me in the right direction
    thx aaron

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    If the wiring will be in the wall, you’ll need CL-2 or –3 rated speaker wire. Otherwise regular speaker wire will do. I don’t see any reason to use any multi-conductor wire in your situation. 14-ga. wire is adequate for most installations, but 12 is generally more desirable, if you don’t mind the extra expense.

As far as recommendations for speakers to use, you should post a new thread in our Speakers and Subwoofers Forum.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. aaronSR

aaronSR Auditioning

okay , yes i am going to run the wires in the walls so what is the difference? and does each run need to be a home run or can i daisy chain? And some time i would like to turn the out side speakers off and on when not in use?
    thx aaron