GAP Commercial with Dennis Hopper and Christina Ricci

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Has anybody seen the following Gap commericals starring and directed by some of Hollywood's finest:

I've seen the Hopper/Ricci commercial which is pretty cool with Christina Ricci looking very fine. She's lost some weight which makes her look more attractive. Hopper looks cool in his nicely trim beard and suit. At first, the commercial with the both of them caught me by surprise and I wasn't sure if it was them but since then I've seen the commerical 2-3 more times.

Crawdaddy

Cam S

Screenwriter
I was watching Ally Mcbeal the other night WITH MY GF, and Christina Ricci was on it, and dam did she look SEXY

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
They should have Jet Li and Jackie Chan fight over a pair of GAP jeans worn by one of them!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought it strange that Hopper agreed to do a GAP commercial. He always seemed "anti-establishment" to me...either way, I agree...Ricci was Hotti.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I would really consider this selling out. I wear GAP clothes but because I've found them cheap (good sales) and durable.
However, as Bill Hicks would say, once you do advertising you are off the artistic roll-call for good. Dunno, this just kind of sucks for me. Like when they opened a GAP in Camden.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Ricci, when is Prozac Nation going to be released, which supposedly contains some topless scenes of her?

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
So the Coen Brothers directed the Dennis Hopper/Christina Ricci Gap commercial? They have great taste in music, then! Before I even figured out who was in the commercial, I was thinking, "what commercial is using 'I Know There's An Answer' from Pet Sounds?"

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Before I even figured out who was in the commercial, I was thinking, "what commercial is using 'I Know There's An Answer' from Pet Sounds?"
I dunno, which? It's not any of the new Gap ads. Right album, wrong song

There are two versions of the Hopper/Ricci commercial, one with "Hang on to Your Ego" by The Beach Boys and the other with "I See the Rain" by The Marmalade.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
She's lost some weight which makes her look more attractive
Really? I liked her a bit thicker myself, just like I liked Kate Winslet a little bit meatier...Long Beach loves the thickness
it's a cool commercial because I'm a fan of them both.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Ricci, when is Prozac Nation going to be released, which supposedly contains some topless scenes of her?
Maybe thew will try to coincide with the release of Insomnia, since it was directed by the same guy who directed the original? But I guess in that case we would have known so by now.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
There are two versions of the Hopper/Ricci commercial, one with "Hang on to Your Ego" by The Beach Boys and the other with "I See the Rain" by The Marmalade.
"Hang On To Your Ego" is the original version that wasn't released. The album track is "I Know There's An Answer," but both versions are on the CD. Of course, the commercial uses the track minus vocals, so technically it's both songs.

I haven't seen the other version of the commercial with the Marmalade song.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

What about those old Nike commercials where Hopper would sneak into the NFL locker rooms?

Ah, who cares if he's "sold out"? Hopper's so cool.

And I agree with all the sentiments about Ms. Ricci. Man, is she a cutie.

Al B. C

Supporting Actor

I just saw back to back Dennis Hopper commercials!

First he's doing a Lincoln ad where he steps out of a towncar at what looks to be a premier in front of a theater and then the Gap ad with Ricci.

It's hard to turn down easy money.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
You know, it's easy to talk about integrity, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom Hanks or (fill in the blank with megabucks actor/actress) if they were making a lot less money.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgiastevenson