What's new

Gaming TV? (1 Viewer)

MarissaH

Auditioning
I've got a 20 inch Panasonic TV now, but I'm thinking about getting something a bit bigger and a bit more suited to gaming. My TV stand supports 27 inch, which I suppose is quite sufficient for a 10x10 game room. (I picked this room because it doesn't have any windows) I won't be watching DVDs much, or really do much of anything with it but play games. I have a PS2 and Gamecube, may get an Xbox in the future. I'm going for visual quality with games here; the audio isn't that important to me since I'm hearing impaired and will probably miss those nuances in sound anyways. However, a front headphone jack would be really nice. Beyond what I've said, I don't really know what I want. I'm not sure what progressive scan is or any of that fancy stuff. I just want my games to look their best. Any suggestions?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I would take a look at your local Best Buy or CC, or whichever retailer is in the area for a good 27" TV that does support progressive scan. I can't really give all that much info on progressive scan either, but from what I understand it draws the picture on the screen in a faster and better way than standard RCA or S-video cables do. So, if you added that feature you'd be looking at new Video cables for both your Gamecube and PS2.
Here's a better description that I found at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...510494-1527925
Here's one that I found at BB that has headphone outputs and progressive scan capability.
http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=24&scat=27
Best of luck.
Glen

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The RCAs with VPort are kinda cool. Do you want flatscreen though? Are you wanting to step up to highdef?
If you are the Samsung models are quite nice. I have a friend with a HD Samsung 27in and it is a wonderful TV. Got it for about 750 dollars.

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I'd pick up the Samsung 27" HD. I picked up mine (the older version), and even though the price has gone down a lot, I still think I got my money's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks