What's new

gaming platforms and HT (1 Viewer)

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone direct me to a URL that contrasts and compares the gaming platforms out there? Lets say you were interested in either PS2 or Xbox, or even projections for PS3 or Xbox2. I'd like to know what they're capable of in an HT capacity. I know xbox well because I own one, but how does it compare to PS2? Digital outputs? HDTV? Do these require add ins? Those kinds of questions.

I'm also interested in projections for the next gen platforms.

Thanks in advance
Wayde

Andrew John

Auditioning
I can only speak for nz xbox i use fibre optic for audio in 6.1 config and svideo for visual.But i read a comparison for a game called mafia and xbox had in game 5.1 ex and ps2 version had only prologic the graphics for xbox were more advanced and controls for the driving are better than ps2 by quite a margin they said.I know that the ps2 is diffucult to program for because of its language xbox is closer to a pc and game programers are now in some instances not porting a game down for ps2.I use a crt sony KVHR32M31 tv Similar to kv34 and kv30xbr910 for my gameing in lounge and a stereo 15 inch crt in computer room when she who has to be obeyed wants the lounge to watch her programs.I rejected most other tv formats ie lcd plasma rear projection for burn in motion blur etc issues.Hope this helps let me know.

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Andy. Know of any places on the web that give comparisons?

HD game compatibility list would be cool.

Andrew John

Auditioning
No i don't know any that specfically speak about HD game compatability but if you go to xbox.com and join the forums their those guys might.I know were to find specific hardware comparisons between xbox ps2 gamecube etc.Let me know if you want these.

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
well mostly all xbox games are at least 480p and mostly all are in DD5.1..some xbox games are in 720p and 1080i..there are very few that are 480p on the ps2 and GC and none that are 720p or 1080i..there are none that are in DD for the ps2 and GC also..they will either be prologic II or stereo..check out www.hdtvarcade.com for a list of games and their EDTV/HDTV or DD compatibility..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks