Gaming and the In Focus X1, any impressions????

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Krystian C, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Krystian C

Krystian C Stunt Coordinator

Hi all,

Looks like I will finally be taking the FP plunge, and replace my ancient RCA RPTV (Circa 1994). I have been reading all the hype on the Infocus X1, but I actually play a hell of a lot more games than I watch movies. So I would like all you FP gamers, preferably those with the X1 to be heard. How is it? Is it that much better than RPTV? Does the rainbow effect stand out more, or less in games? Is the picture just too damn big (I know, highly unlikely). Anything I should look out for? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys.

Krys

2. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

I have had my X1 for a few months, used it for 175 hours already. I play PS2 and Gamecube on it all the time and it is great, no complaints at all.

Games do seem to require brighter settings than HDTV or DVD but you can simply save the best game settings and retrun to them when you are playing.

You will love this PJ... Good Luck.

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I tried Halo, Mechassault, etc. on the X1 when I had it and it was great...and to think I was only in interlaced mode (I didn't have the component to VGA adapter back then). Rainbows were not apparent on it for some reason as I breezed through several levels on Halo.

4. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I beileve I read u just use the green part of the component to get a black and white dashboard. Not sure if u just unplug the red and blue though.

5. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Moving to hardware.

6. AaronArmstrong

AaronArmstrong Stunt Coordinator

Love my x1 with my xbox and gamecube! Yes wire swapping
    for progressive scan with the xbox is a pain, but I now feel that the built in FArijouda(sp) processor really makes
    the picture outstanding even without progressive signal. I also run a vga cord from my computer to the x1 from upstairs (my x1 is in the basement) so I can play DWI (a DDR simulator). BTW I am still using a my 13 dollar posterboard I bought from Office Max as my screen. I bought it the first day I got the x1 just to help setup the x1 and figure out what size screen I wanted, but I was so impressed with it I haven't bothered to replace it yet. I'm too lazy and cheap I guess [​IMG] That being said as winter approaches and gaming time should increase I am thinking of getting a real screen soon. Haven't started to research it yet though.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do!

AA