GameShow Marathon...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Jun 4, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I only saw the second one with Lets Make a Deal...

I understand that the celebs are winning the prizes for people at home, but from what I saw, they didn't tell you how to enter in to win! Leslie Neilson looked like he was suffering from something that effects old people, don't know what... either that or he didn't really want to be there and was trying to make the best of it. And I like Leslie too, he was nice enough to send back an autographed picture, AND answer one of my questions in ink [​IMG].

As far as the set recreation goes...it was pretty faithfully recreated, while not being too updated. I'm glad the Millionair Blue and Black look is now gone from Gameshow sets and color is once again being introduced.

What was the show on Episode 1? And when does Ep 3 air?

2. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

The first episode was "The Price is Right" and the next episodes are this Wed. and Thurs. with "Beat the Clock" and "Press Your Luck"

To win the at home prizes, you have to text message the answer to a question in a commercial that they show a few times during the show and then be randomly drawn.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I had to switch the channel. It was too painful to watch.

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    this show is a wreck.

the celebrities are barely that.
    i'm afraid to see what they do to my favorite game show match game.

i feel embarrassed for tim meadows and leslie nielsen

ricki lake?

5. Random Hero

Random Hero Second Unit

Leslie Nielsen is 80 years old and still working. Sadly, if he is in bad condition, we'll lose one of the great ones. [​IMG]

6. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

It's not a bad show, as far as summer TV goes. My entertainment threshold is much lower in the summer because there isn't as much to watch, but I think the biggest problem with the show is that it's hard to get excited for the celebrities because they aren't playing the game for themselves. Which I think makes it hard for them to get excited as well, though Paige Davis really gave it the college try last go around. I'm mainly watching for Paige & Kathy Najimy, who have been out of the public eye for a little while.

I can't wait until they get to my favorite 80s game show: Press Your Luck! (Sale of the Century runs a close second)

7. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    It was really boring for me to watch, because there was no excitement in the winning of the prizes. They don't get to keep them, they can afford them, so there was a lot of "fake enthusiasm". Just didn't work for me.

8. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I caught a part of the show. I hadn't seen The Price is Right in years and was introduced to Rachel Reynolds that night. Yummy!

~T