What's new

Games You Haven't Finished...and Why. (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
1) Halo - got to the end and the damn game kept stuttering and slowing down on my. With all the "stuff" going on during the escape scene I just said "to hell with it".
2) Max Payne - crappy computer kept crashing on me... never reinstalled it into my new one.
3) MOH: AA - that damned last level with all the snow and trees. I got confused, lost and pissed. Ironically I bought Spearhead the minute it showed up on shelves... :rolleyes

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
I have the same problem: try new game, move onto the next new game etc etc.

Too many PS1 games that I haven't finished (mostly RPGs). Plus my anime viewing really cuts into my gaming time.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I don't remember the last game that I finished. I don't have the time to play them enough and I usually get bored with any game after a while. I traded a game here for Morrowind XBox and I've barely even started it. Playing DAoC takes up most of my gaming time.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Rayman on the Jaguar. I got stuck, something else caught my interest (and I moved), and when I plugged the Jag back in, Rayman wouldn't save games any more. Sometime, on a really rainy afternoon...

There are two or three others that I'm sort of halfway through on the Dreamcast right now, but I mostly tend to avoid scripted games - I'm less interested in getting to the end than enjoying it while I play.

Michael G Jones

Stunt Coordinator
N64
Winback - Rented for the weekend and remember getting stuck on one of the levels late in the game.
Hybrid Heaven - The monotonous of entering a room and kicking the same creatures butt to learn new moves wore off. Although the story seemed interesting.

PS2
Spider-Man Movie - Stuck on one of the levels after the Green Goblin
Grand Theft Auto III - 80% complete
Batman Vengeance - Stuck on the level where you have to jump over the chemical vats.
Grand Theft Auto Vice City - 40% complete
Ratchet & Clank - Just got the Morph Gun.
Metal Gear 2 - Too many cutscenes

Dreamcast
Too many titles to name.

PS1
Alot. It was a series 1001 PSX, I had to put it to rest August 30, 2002.

EdR

Second Unit
I rarely finish games, I usually get bored or distracted (by a new game) before the end.

The only games I recall finishing recently off the top of my head are Tiger Woods 2003 (in the sense that I finished all of the Challenge matches) and WRC Challenge, which I absolutely loved and still play.

I'm only 30% through in Metroid Prime, mostly because I didn't play it at all during the holiday's and when I did play after that, I kept getting my butt kicked by the Mama Sheegoth.

Not sure if I'll finish it, I'm not bored yet, but between PDO and AC, I can't say I'm not distracted.

I also have given up on V-Rally3 - I like the game, but the handling of the 2.0L cars is just too wacky for me. The 1.6L cars are great.

I'm waiting patiently for Colin McRae 3, which I suspect I will devour.

James T

Screenwriter
Morrowind-Enough has already been said on this game

Tomb Raider: Last Revelation - I was probably the last fan to realize that the series is dead.

Deus Ex - I really, really wanted to love this game, but apparently NVIDIA and Deus Ex don't get along well. The result was 2 fps after about 5 mins of gameplay.

Terminator 2: The arcade game - I spent lots of money to get to the end, only for John Connor to die and that was it, game over with no continue available.

Diablo 2 - went to Act III and said Bah! I guess I got bored with the hack n slash formula.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Ninja Gaiden - This game pisses me off. If you get destroyed by your dad, you have to start back two levels.
Tactics Ogre - I was so into this game. And then I quit. I have no clue why.
Mike Tyson's Punch Out - I can't beat him.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I hardly ever finish any game, but it doesn't bother me. Games are games, and when they become work, I tire of them. Unless the game has a good story, I stop short of finishing. I've rarely played more than 1 season in a Football game, or even finished one in B-Ball. I don't see how anyone can play multiple seasons. They must not sleep. Or work. Or do play any other games.

Plus, as someone said earlier: "Finishing games gets in the way of buying new ones." I love getting new games.

Oh, and I, too, am a total Survival Horror wuss. I could never play games like Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. I have a hard enough time with the likes of Resident Evil. I just can't see why I'd want to freak myself out when I can have more fun playing other games.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
I guess I'm in the minority; if I like a game, I try to beat it. For me, half the fun of playing is getting to see the ending! (Unfortunately, I buy games at a much faster rate than I finish them, so the great majority of my collection is unbeaten.)

A few exceptions that I can remember...

Advance Wars (GBA) - Got stuck on a mission, and tried for hours and hours to get past it. Gave up.

Rayman (PS1) - Way too damn hard. Impossible.

Skies of Arcadia (DC) - Too many boring random battles; I couldn't take it any more. (I hear the GameCube version fixes this problem, so I might give it a chance.)

Yoshi's Island (SNES) - I don't know why, but I couldn't get into it. Plus, I sucked at it. I will eventually try it again.

Ape Escape (PS1) - I saw the "regular" ending, but didn't bother rounding up all the extra monkeys (which is necessary to fight the final boss and see the "real" ending).

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I haven't played THPS4 since I got GTA:VC later that week. I haven't been playing anything except NFL2K3 and NBA2K3 for quite some time, despite the fact that I've still go a ways to go in Two Towers.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Notable titles for me:

FFX: International - Got about 13 hours in. Spent 2 weeks trying to get past one boss. Finally got past him only to spend 2 weeks trying to beat the elemental boss in the forest. Finally got past that, only to get thrown at the Al Bhed cannon fight. After 8-10 failed attempts, I gave up. The learning curve rises way too quickly in this game. I will finish this someday, afterall I have to watch the bonus DVD.

Mario Sunshine - Got to the Mare Bay obstacle course and got frustrated with it. Picked it up again over Christmas and gained a few more Shines before getting stuck again.

There are a ton of others: JSRF, Spider-Man, Buffy, Eternal Darkness, Metroid, Star Fox, Contra, Smackdown 4, GTA3, and on and on. Lots of Dreamcast games I never finished. Plus I have Ico, Kingdom Hearts & Resident Evil 0 in the to be played pile.

I definitely buy too many games. Usually what happens is the Story based games take a backseat to sports games. You can only play through so many stories and seasons/franchises at the same time and keep them all straight.

Mark Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Sonic Adventure I and II: I'm at the end of both games, but I keep dying when engaging Dr. Robotnik in his flying Egg Snake machine (S.A. 1) and I always die in the final level of S.A. 2. Man, I stink.
Mega Man II: That blasted robotic dragon keeps knocking me off the squares in Part 1 of the assault on Dr. Wiley's base.
Resident Evil Zero: It's a good thing I rented this game first instead of making a big mistake and buying it sight unseen. I didn't finish this game because I couldn't care less about what happened. I'm a big fan of the Resident Evil series, but this game was quite tedious.
That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll remember more games in the near future.

Troy_M

Stunt Coordinator
I get so many games it takes really good ones to keep me playing, but I will list some games that I like but haven't finished:

Devil May Cry: don't laugh, but I can't beat the spider boss, and I refuse to adjust the diffuculty level. I need to beat this cuz part 2 comes out in a couple of weeks.

Ratchet and Clank: This game is really cool, I'm 27 and I thought I would never play another platformer...but this game sucked me in.

Dead to Rights: This game is raw! I plan on beating this eventually.

Suikoden III: I have read too many good reviews to not try and finish this game, this is a weekend only game.

GTA3:VC: I beat all the missions and I own all the businesses...is there any reason to try and get more than 50% complete? I can't see it.

Stuntman: I will finish this game just so I can toss it out the window when I'm through...I have a love/hate(and more hate) relationship with this piece of poo.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Let's see, my only console is a GBA for financial reasons (can't afford a console, and even if I could GBA games are an average of about $20 cheaper).
So, on my GBA, games I haven't finished are: Doom: gets tedious after a while, so I engaged cheats and juts blasted the crap out of the game the rest of the way through.
Tony Hawk 4: got stuck on a Pro Challengs, got distracted by other games, I'll come back though after Yoshi's Island
Advance Wars: too hard, and too long
Sonic Advance: some because of difficulty, also those Chaos Emeralds are impossible to get, the "sky surfing" perspective is atrocious, making getting enough rings to get the emerald way more luck then skill
Other then, that I've finished just about all of my games. Not just finished, played them to death. Beat Mario Advance 1 & 2 with all the bonuses, Metroid Fusion on 100%, working on getting my time under 2 hours, TH 3 with all skaters on both circuits Castlevania CotM with the first three, about halfway through on shooter, I'll come back later. Harmony of Dissonance with Juste and Maxim,, boss rush on all 3 skill levels, although haven't gone back through the main game on hard or no magic mode. Probably won't bother either.
Overall though, I'm a big time perfectionist. I don't just beat the game, I try to max it out, get every secret I can find. Makes for a long game, but it also maximizes bang for buck. :)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I can't remember the last game I finished. My problem is either I am uninterested in the game from day one or I become disinterested about two days to a week after beginning play. They just don't make 'em like they used to. I hate to say it, but I've finally reached that day when no console sparks anything inside of me like they used to. I passed up the X-BOX and GameCube and will be selling my PS2 Monday morning.

Jon W H

Stunt Coordinator
I've finished several games listed here (Sam & Max, Halo, Max Payne, etc.) Before the XBox came along, I usually finished/beat around 75% of the games in my consoles library. I think I was more dedicated or something back then. Comes with growing older, I guess.
- Final Fantasy IX. I don't think my friend bothered to finish X without me, either. The series lost its luster to us after VIII being a small letdown after VII. IX and X were all downhill.
- Hunter: The Reckoning. I simply can't beat the last boss(es).
- Morrowind. Same problem I had with the great Ultimas: not enough time to devote to it. I try to plug away at it now and then, though. This is why I will not be playing any MMORPGs.
- Hitman 2 & Splinter Cell. XBox Live has a funny way of soaking up my videogame playing time. Not to mention Panzer Dragoon Orta demanding a piece of the pie. :)
- Battletoads. If you know the game, nuff said.
I've played a lot more, but usually if I didn't finish them, I was bored with them.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Forget about games I haven't finished. How about games I still need to play. I'm a RPG gamer and you know how long RPG games last, so I have around 15 RPG games stacked to play. It dosen't get any easier for me. Within the next month 4 RPG games will release that I have interest in; Skies of Arcadia Legends(GC), XenoSaga(PS2), Dark Cloud 2(PS2), and Breath of Fire 5(PS2).
Currently playing Saiyuki: Journey West(PS1)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks