What's new

Games that everyone liked but you didn't... (1 Viewer)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Goldeneye, the stupid controller ruined it, and I was probably playing better PC FPS at the time.
Any FF after and including 7, didn't find any of them too entertaining, but then again I'm not a huge RPG fan.
Black & White - cool concept, absolutely mind-numbingly boring.
The Sims - never played it, but I've got my own life, thanks.
Gran Turismo series.
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - I'm not sure if everyone else loved it, but I bought it for some reason, played it for 15 minutes and absolutely hated it. My best friend didn't believe me and later came to the same conclusion. Too much MvC2 for us I guess.
Starcraft - I was never any good at strategy games, but I did enjoy cheating my way through single player :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Super Smash Bros., if there weren't Nintendo charachters in it everyone else would realize what a mediocre game it really is. Power Stone 2 is a far superior game

Gran Turismo, beautiful, but way too complex. Whee, it drives like a real car. If I wanted to drive a real car, I have one out in the driveway. We all know what's better, DAYTOOONNNNAAA! LET'S GO RACE!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Ooo! A bit of negativity in a thread...my kind of thing! :)
BTW, everything I write is intended to hurt the feelings of fans of each game. Also, my opinion is absolute fact and I'm sure you'll take it that way (tongue-in-cheek attack on those who actually will take it that way).
Diablo (series) - find stuff, increase your level, find more stuff, increase your level again...BORING!
Final Fantasy (series) - walk 10 feet: fight, walk 10 more feet: fight again, boring and repetitive battles, music that I can't get out of my head when I try to sleep, hopeless script writing ...BORING and painful!
Resident Evil (series) - I thought I was aiming right at him!?!? So...this is supposed to be scary? The pace, the pace, the pace...BORING!
Parappa the Rappa, Frequency, Dance Dance Revolution (and all other dance/music games) - push the button...NOW, push the button...NOW, push the button...NOW...BORING!!!
WWF games (all) - Do I really need to give a reason?
NASCAR games (all) - Tape the pad to the left side and come back in 30 minutes...BORING!
MYST (series) - I don't care what anyone says...MYST IS NOT A GAME!!! Just like bowling isn't a sport!
The Sims (series) - What do I shoot? BORING!!
Star Wars: Rogue Leader - memorize level, move on...memorize next level, move on. I want a bit more than 1985 gameplay from my next gen console.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Shenmue- voice acting sucked, story sucked, and I could have cared less about so much realism when only 5 people can be displayed on the screen at once. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this game was appealing. Yet, I actually finished it.

Power Stone 2- the first one was good, but everything that made the first game individual and unique got screwed up.

Grand Theft Auto 3- no matter what anybody says, this game was not original. It was the first two games with 3-D graphics (that were pretty bad to begin with) and was quite pointless. Even after playing missions, its still the same dull, boring game from the PSX that the first two were. Anything beyond the missions (the stuff that was supposed to be so cool, like the prostitute thing) is neat, but gets old and stupid VERY fast.

Soul Calibur- excellent game, but once I got all the secrets, I realized how dull it was. The battle system felt clunky (I much prefer the Street Fighter games) and I could have cared less about all the bonus modes and features. It was just a nice icing on a really bad cake.

Crazy Taxi- loved this game when I got it, but that was for the less than a week that it took me to beat it and get everything. I prefer that a game have some sort of replay value beyond doing the EXACT same thing over and over and over, which is what CT did. Its fun to play every once in a while, but as an "everyday for a few hours" game it sucks.

Can't think of any more.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
1)The final fantasy series. The series is completely stupid. After picking up Baldurs Gate 2 and playing it this weekend, it's even STUPIDER. The characters are stupid, the plot is stupid, everything about the game REEKS of Japan.

2)Black and White. But I think that everyone that BOUGHT it eventually found it tiring.

3)Gran Tourismo. The driving is SO unrealistic. It's graphics were blase on EVERY system that it came out on, and it moved at SUCH a slow frame rate that I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
1) Metal Gear Solid 2 - a sprawling mess, perfect with the details but an utter failure as far as I'm concerned. One of the only games I have ever put down with the intention of never revisiting it again.
2) Gran Turismo (whole series) - this is a game for car buffs and collectors with a lot of time and a lot of patience. I consider it authentic, detailed, beautiful (frame rate looked fine on my television), but ultimately just not fun.
3) Final Fantasy (especially 7) - Repetition, repetition, repetition, ad nauseum. Repeat 30 second midi sample over and over; repeat drawn out victory animations... walk, fight, walk some more, fight, pretend to care about the characters, level up, zzzzzz....
These 'negativity threads' are sure fun! :D
Joseph

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Ok, I am going to be the ultimate blasphemer: I just didn't care for Mario64 and Zelda:Ocarina of Time. They were midly amusing for a bit, but they both seemed more like work than fun. The low frame rates & blurry graphics gave me headaches on Zelda. Who knows, if there was a high res version available, maybe I would've liked it more.

-Dave

Ian_Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have to say I can't play Devil May Cry anymore. I think parts of it are really fun...but for the most part, it's just one frustrating boss battle after another. I’ve been killed a thousand times just because I can’t see what the hell is happening!

I was afraid to post this and get shouted down as crazy, but with people posting that Jet Grind Radio and GTA3 are bad, I figured what the hell :-D

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Diablo 2 - I enjoyed playing through it the first time, but I was bored to tears by the gameplay when I tried to replay it with other classes. How folks have played this online so long truly amazes me.

Baldur's Gate - I generally like RPG's, but this one left me cold. Between the lame interface and the poor pathfinding, I couldn't get myself to keep playing.

Quake 3 - Great engine, completely uninspired maps & gameplay. I enjoyed the Q3test more than the finished product.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Final Fantasy Series - I found it boring and the control scheme bothered me. Beautiful looking game...just didn’t hold my interest.

Silent Hill 2 (Xbox) - I'm not going to make any friends when I say this, but I hated this game. The game had some of the worst voice acting that I have ever heard...and was such a pain in the ass to control.

I fall into the Fighting, FPS, Sports, Driving, Flying and anything that is fun in multiplayer category of gamer.

Thanks,

Jeff

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
The low frame rates & blurry graphics gave me headaches on Zelda.
What!? When Zelda came out, I thought it was one of the more beautiful games I had ever seen... well, I guess to each his own
One game comes to mind... I couldn't stand Quake III. I just didn't like that the whole damn game centered around the multiplayer, I wanted some old-school Quake II gaming.
:D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I've been away for too long from the forum. I was having withdrawal symptoms. Then I realized I was on Spring Break looking at boobies. :D :laugh:
Anyways, the NCAA: Gamebreaker series from 989 Sports on PS just plain sucked, yet it seemed more people had this than the always superior NCAA Football series from EA.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Wow,
I never knew that there were people who didn't like Zelda Ocarina of Time, Devil May Cry, or Metal Gear Solid 2.
This thread is fun . . . it's nice to be able to give your opinion and not be torn to pieces.
I respect everyone's right to have there own opinion, even if they're wrong.:D

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Final Fantasy (series) - walk 10 feet: fight, walk 10 more feet: fight again, boring and repetitive battles, music that I can't get out of my head when I try to sleep, hopeless script writing ...BORING and painful!

Yep...my thoughts exactly.

But..heres a kicker.......

Any Capcom fighter after Street Fighter II Turbo...

My god,that game has been SO rehashed - that even though I love comics, I hated the Marvel fighting games...

And Capcom ruined the SNES X-Men game with those stupid SF moves...

Calvin

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
No doubt I'll be branded a Heretic, but none of the "Civilization" games has ever done a damn thing for me... :)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Max Payne - what a friggin pain to play! UGH!!! :angry:
Bland graphics, so-so voice acting, and what's with that stupid "I have to poop but can't" look on Max's face?!!? :rolleyes
I REALLY hated the fact that you couldn't ever walk. No analogue control.
Maybe I was spoiled because I just came down off of a Halo-high and needed something else to play. This DID NOT fit the bill.
Oh yeah, Wreckless...2 words:
Pretty
Boring
You can take them either way, together "pretty boring" OR, 2 separate words "pretty / boring".
Works both ways for this game.
Of course, this is all IMHO. :)

I would have to nominate Metal Gear Solid 2. I bought it from EB and returned it a week later under their no questions asked return policy. The manager couldn't believe I didn't like it, and gave me so much shit for the return. But the game was a disappointment. Nice graphics, good gameplay but the story ???? OMG What a pile of S***. I like to play my games not watch a FMV every 5 minutes. And the nano tech ? Every 2 seconds .....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks