Gamefly used games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris_Morris, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Are they reliable? We are looking at getting a PS2 for our son this Christmas, and one of the games he would like is Hulk. Gamefly has this used for $25, which is the best price I've seen anywhere. Is this a recommended site for buying used games? Thanks.

Chris

2. Rick Deschaine

Rick Deschaine Stunt Coordinator

Chris,

I don't know if you got an answer anywhere else, but I've bought 3 games already and have had no problems. I believe their return policy is really good also, but I haven't had to test it yet.
    Hope that helps, Rick

3. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I haven't ordered from them but I've heard good things from everyone who has.

4. Brian J Dupuis

Brian J Dupuis Second Unit

Never done the preplayed game purchase from them, but I am a renter from them. Never had any problems with the games that have come in, and I'm going on 20-25 titles so far. Note that they don't ship rentals with manuals or boxes, so all of that material should be pristine when purchased.

EDIT: I spel gud. "Pristeen" indeed.

5. Nathan Gillmore

Nathan Gillmore Stunt Coordinator

I've bought quite a few used games from them, in fact this has turned out to be the way I get most of my games now. It allows me to try the games out before I foolishly buy them (Enter the Matrix I'm looking at YOU!!) and also saves me money on the ones I choose to keep.

Many new games don't have the option to purchase them yet, like Beyond Good & Evil (awesome game, I recommend it), but others will, like PGR2. I've never had any problems with the games being in good condition, and as stated above the instructions/cases are pristine.

6. Tony_L

Tony_L Extra

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does Gamefly put any stickers or labels on their game discs?

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

8. Brian J Dupuis

9. Nathan Gillmore

Nathan Gillmore Stunt Coordinator

Yep, no labels of any kind, and I have yet to even get a disc that is remotely in bad shape either.

10. Brian J Dupuis

P.S. Just did a "Keep It" on Project Gotham Racing 2. Got the case and inserts within 2 days, first class mail. Shipping was $1.99 which is fair since postage was around $1.52, then packaging, then the meager handling to get it into the mail. Could they "eat" the shipping cost so the reported "keep it" price is all you pay? Sure. But $2 ain't terrible.

The case and manual were, as expected, in perfect condition. So the key is to make certain that the disc that you rented is in acceptable shape. If so, the additional materials they send you will be in fine shape. They should be, they're never used, right?

Overall very happy.

P.P.S. Of course, the original poster probably doesn't rent. But I figured it would help someone.