1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Gamecube: Which game will you be buying for Launch?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Larry C, Jul 26, 2001.

1. Larry C

Larry C Stunt Coordinator

I pre-ordered the Gamecube and will be buying an extra controller and some memory cards so that will leave me pretty dry. So as I struggle to decide on one game to buy, I would like to hear what you guys will be chossing on Launch date???????????????????????????

2. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Here's a really helpful article on IGN's Cube site, which gives a rundown and a price list for everything Cube:
    http://cube.ign.com/news/35616.html
    Better start saving now!
    Really, I could "get by" with the console, Star Wars, a memory card, and the S-Video cable, and still be "as happy as a little girl".
    -mwb-
    ------------------
    "Don't worry, baby/It'll be alright/You got the right shoes to get you through the night" -Bono

3. Steven_V

Steven_V Stunt Coordinator

My launch lineup looks like this:
    4. Rogue Leader
    3. Luigi's Mansion
    2. WaveRace Blue Storm
    1. Super Smash Bros Melee
    [​IMG]
    ------------------

4. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Provided my wallet can handle it, I'll be buying:
    1. Rogue Squadron
    2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
    3. Misc. accessories
    That's getting to the $350+ price range...and in the same week Metal Gear Solid 2 and Devil May Cry for PS2 come out.
    Jason

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I'll wind up with the following at launch:
    Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2
    Luigi's Mansion
    I didn't realize that Devil May Cry is coming out on the same week. Sorry Nintendo but that's my priority.
    -Andre
    ------------------
    -= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

6. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

Where did you pre-order? I haven't found anyone taking them yet. As for what I'll buy at launch:
    Super Smash Bros Melee - gotta have that multi-player
    Eternal Darkness - been waitng 3 years
    Monkey Ball - Monkeys!
    Waverace - the title says it all
    Luigi - I'll wait until I see what full gameplay looks like
    Star Wars - damn need this too
    Dinosaur Planet - probably wait for reviews
    Allstar Baseball - need to see what features are there, I haven't found a baseball game that makes me happy yet.
    OK, so with a memory card and extra controller I'm looking at about $550... maybe a few of those games will have to wait. That's already more than I've bought for PS2, but then we haven't actually seen these hit yet. All sounds well, but a few delays won't surprise me. I also forgot to mention SSX: Tricky 3 days later.
    ------------------
    I'm going off the rails on a crazy train!
    Drew

7. Larry C

Larry C Stunt Coordinator

I ordered it from Chips & Bits.
    http://www.cdmag.com/cgi-bin/order.c...ube_games.html
    I ordered the GBA and it arrived in 2 days(Standard) I think i will order the accessories and games to so it all comes together and don't have to go the stores.... They will be crazy.....

8. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

9. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I'm planning on purchasing these for now:
    -Star Wars: Rogue Leader
    -Wave Race
    -Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet
    -Along with a Wavebird
    -I'll also be purchasing/waiting for a 64MB or larger SD card, I refuse to pay money for that tiny waste-of-your-money memory card Nintendo is releasing.
    -Dan

10. Greg Black

Greg Black Second Unit

I really wish Nintendo would release an official digicard that was at least 8 megs or something. Come on, 512k?! However, this is what I plan on for launch:
    Rogue Leader (an absolute must; the GC's killer app)
    Wave Race (absolutely; just being able to see the rain hit the water and cause individual ripples is enough for me)
    SFA[​IMG]inosaur Planet(probably; will see if someone posts an early review)
    Luigi's Mansion (probably; would like to see a review though; gameplay might not be deep enough - but those graphics!)
    Super Smash Bros. Melee (possibly)
    Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (possibly; I really hope they take advantage of the GC's power)
    Madden 2002 (possibly, even though I'm not too big on "traditional" sports games)
    I'm also interested to see how that Batman Dark Tomorrow game turns out. Extreme G-3 is said to be looking pretty amazing in the graphics department; I'm hoping the gameplay turns out that way too. Will also probably get SSX Tricky when it comes out mid-November.
    Plus: at least an extra controller (not WaveBird), an official Nintendo S-Video cable, and an either an SD adapter and SD card, or the Interact 8mb card (probably the latter).
    Please Nintendo! Launch the GameCube with at least one more color option: silver! If it turns out that lavender (oops, I'm sorry - Indigo [​IMG] ) is the only color, then I'll have to get that.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Greg Black on July 28, 2001 at 02:08 PM]

11. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Oh, I also forgot about the color thing. I will not be purchasing a purple Gamecube. I will wait (if I have to) until there is a black one, or possibly silver or white. Just not purple! I hope this doesn't keep me from buying a Gamecube, but if it does...so be it.
    -Dan
    does not have any purple boxes in his living room

12. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I really shouldn't be getting all this, trying to put a friggin feature film into production, but oh well, here goes: [​IMG]
    1) Rogue Leader
    2) Luigi's Mansion
    3) Universal Studios (quiet, all of you. I'm curious on this one! [​IMG] )
    IF money can stretch, remember now I have to pay the extorsion that is import prices to get the machine and software from the states, I will hopefully grab Batman: Dark Tomorrow (if it turns out to be any good) and Wave Race.
    My strategy is to immediately go for games that are not updates on orignals, with the exception of Rogue Leader since, hey, it's STAR WARS! This is why Wave Race will not be an automatic buy, despite already knowing it will kick arse. If Batman gets rave reviews I am definately getting it at time of console purchase, I have a weakness for the bat.
    Dan (UK)
    ------------------
    Visit: DVD in Detail

13. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I'll answer this question after Spaceworld. I'm still holding out hope Nintendo has a surprise up their sleeve.
    More than likely, however, anything new shown at spaceworld will be a 2002 release.
    What about Pikmin guys? No one interested?

14. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

Just bought a Cube over a month ago. I bought it for various reasons. It has rights to Disney Games, like Mickey Mouse games, Goin Quackers,

I bought the Zelda package with a gameboyplayer, and bought 2 extra controllers to make 4 controllers.

My first Home game system.

15. BrianB

BrianB Producer

And that has how much to do with the launch games from before the machine was launched, Rodrick? [​IMG]

16. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Ignore him... It's just a hobby of his to bring up ancient threads to annoy people.

17. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer