What's new

Gamecube Waverace commercial (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I saw this over at the IGN boards, so here's a link if anyone's interested. It's a 5MB mpeg of the Japanese commercial. (although they speak English, too)
WARNING! This links to the wrong movie! See below posts for the correct movie link.
Link Removed
-Dan
[Edited last by Dan B on August 19, 2001 at 11:47 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see WaveRace in there anywhere. It looked like a Britney Spears video minus the sexual appeal and with better choreography. I don't see how it was for GameCube either.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Wow...apparently the video got switched! Sorry 'bout that. I'll find an alternate download link or upload it myself shortly.
-Dan

Dan B

Screenwriter
Ah, thanks Corey. Apparently the website accidentally overwrote the Gamecube video.
-Dan

Dan B

Screenwriter
BTW, is it (the commercial that they replaced the Waverace commercial with) as bad as everyone says? I'm tempted to download it for myself...I can't resist downloading a truly disturbing commercial.
-Dan

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
I was watching it at work and some coworkers came by, looked at the screen, looked at me, shook their heads and walked off. LOL I think they were disturbed.
Corey

Jason_H

Second Unit
Well, it's possible that some Japanese children might find that commercial entertaining...but personally it just made my skin crawl at the cuteness and surrealness of it all. It reminds me of the Mr. Sparkle commercial from the episode of the Simpsons where Homer is on that Japanese detergent box. :)
Man...I just realized I need to save that commercial locally to my hard drive to show my friends in case the website deletes it. It's not often you get to show your friends the exact thing that made you lose all faith in humanity.
eek.gif

[Edited last by Jason_H on August 20, 2001 at 12:27 AM]

Dan B

Screenwriter
Just watched the clip. Yes, that was a bit disturbing. Although it is not particularly disturbing compared to other things that have come out of Japan.
-Dan
TOrest8.gif

wishes he was Powdered Toast Man

James St

Supporting Actor
They actually paid people to come up with that? As for the Waverace video, it looks rather interesting. It reminds me of SSX when PS2 was launched. Not the type of game I normally play but nice eye candy and fun gameplay would require a good second look.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Britney Spears video - (Britney Spears + Sex appeal) + CGI cutesy characters + better choreography = that commercial
The REAL commercial is pretty cool.
[Edited last by Morgan Jolley on August 20, 2001 at 01:13 AM]

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
That commercial is Morgan's 'Wet Dream'
wink.gif
(no offense kid)
...Being buried under a wave of Gamecubes seems like something you might enjoy :)
Did you come up with that commercial Morgan? :)
[Edited last by Sean Oneil on August 20, 2001 at 03:37 AM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Did you see that Amped photo with the lens flare? That was me. I did it on purpose and made it look TOO good.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
A lens flare making something look good? That's a new one. :)
[Edited last by Sean Oneil on August 21, 2001 at 04:10 AM]

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Um...the "disturbing" commercial has now been removed...I could care less about the Waverace ad but you guys have really got me interested in the other one. :) Any idea where I can get it?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sean,
I was talking about the Amped photo for the X-Box that was fixed up in PhotoShop. People said it "looked too good" and thats how it was found out to be fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks