What's new

Gamecube Sale Figures (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'll take the YahooNews and Reuters links before the TeamXBox link :D
Seriously, what this shows is that BOTH consoles have done very well with their early sales figures. And I guess this answers the question if there is enough market for 3 systems. Time will tell, though.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Carlo,

I would agree. It looks like the X-Box and Gamecube have done rather well. Right now I'm happy to have my Gamecube and PS2. It's a good time to be a gamer.

-Andre F

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
According to the numbers in the link Andre provided, XBox sold about 219,000 and GameCube 329,000.
They say 47 % of retailers are sold out of Gamecubes and 73% are sold out of XBox. It says nothing about the actual numbers of items sold. The retailers could have 1 or 100 left, they just don't say.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
D'oh! My bad!

I misread it as they'd sold 73% of the XBoxen and 47% of the GCNs.

A thousand lashes with a wet noodle for me...

William Ward

Supporting Actor
I picked up my GC last night at Wal-Mart. They had one indigo and one black unit left. I got the black one. There were no X-Boxen.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to your figures, Camp. Have you, or can you tell us where you work? Sorry if it's dupe info, or if you can't reveal it, I'm just curious. But yes, getting fired would be bad, it's not a great job market out there right now, so do take care of your job security first.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
From what I have seen on the internet and seen in stores around me, there seems to be more of a demand for the GameCube. I'm not trying to be fanboyish, but there seem to be more X-Boxes available than GameCubes. Some would say thats because MS keeps shipping them, but they need 3 weeks before they catch up with Nintendo's launch numbers.

Nonetheless, both consoles will be doing very fine this holiday season.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I have seen two or three reports now that all pretty much say the same thing. Nintendo claims to have done $98 - $100 million in sales on launch day Sunday. Here's one of the news stories.
Gary

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Whoops! I forgot to check the national numbers at work today. I'll probably be offline until after this Thanksgiving weekend. I'll post numbers then if you guys are interested.

BTW someone asked, I work for Toys R Us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks