What's new

Gamecube & Killer Instinct (1 Viewer)

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Any remote chance that Rare will bring back the series to the Cube? It wasn't a break thru fighter, but was still fun.

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Donnie, I was a huge Killer Instinct fan back in the day and would love to see some sort of remake or sequel come to the Gamecube.

Sad thing is, it probably won't happen, at least not any time soon.

If they do, I think they would revisit the series with a tremendous makeover that would be very different from previous games and tailor-make the control for the Gamecube controller. -Just my ideas.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I hope to god they make another one. My KIGold cart for N64 died (I was near tears when I found out), but I still have my original SNES copy. These games were my favorite fighting series until they stopped making it a series, so it had to be replaced by something else.

KI was a game that really brought me into fighting games. I still have fond memories of whooping people twice my age at arcades at this game (when I was around 10 or so).

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
KI was THE game. I'm talking about the original. Sadly an exact (or better) arcade port never made it to consoles. If Rare ported the original to GC I'd buy the system in a heartbeat. That DCS sound system in the cabinets was too good when you got an UUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLTTTTRRRRAAAA COOOOOOOOOMBOOOOOO!!!

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
KI was actually what lead me to purchase my N64. I never got it on the SNES, but always wanted the soundtrack that was released with it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Anybody else just love the soundtrack to these games!! I still have the original soundtrack cd that came with the SNES release and to this day continue to listen to it! I love the guitar riff on the main theme song:)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that soundtrack is cool. I'm happy I have my copy...

I remember when they were planning KI and KI2 for N64, but canned KI because it was too long after the arcade one (and I still remember the Ultra 64 logo on the arcade copies...) and they made KI2 into KIG. If they released KI, KI (SNES version), KI2, and KIG on one disc, I'd pay over $100 for it. I would love another sequel, though.

Greg Black

Second Unit
I just saw a supposed picture of Killer Instinct 3 that someone posted over on the PlanetGameCube forums. It was from Rare's official website, even though I couldn't find it when I looked for it in their galleries. I'll see if I can find a link to it.
**EDIT** Nevermind, this information is erroneous. The poster on PGC assumed it was a KI3 screenshot based on the filename, however it was from the original. Sorry for any confusion. Here is a link to the picture in question:
http://rareware.com/graphics/gallery...llery_ki_3.jpg
**/EDIT**

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Oh man I lived for that game back when it first came out for the SNES and then the N64. I hope to god that someone comes out with a sequel/remake!

Eric Nees

Agent
You guys may be in luck, both IGNcube and Rarenet have recently reported that they've heard a certain fighter might just be making a comeback.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
You guys seriously liked KI?? You didn't think it was just a bit over the top?

I think all the serious fighting gamers of the day shunned KI as an abomination.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Yes Camp I seriously liked KI quite a bit. Yes it was over the top and that is exactly what I enjoyed about it. I loved pulling off 78 hit combos with the satisfying shout of ULTRA!! ULTRA!! in the background:D. Its not for everyone but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I feel young...

Seriously though, I would love an arcade port of both games. The arcade versions were better and the gameplay was a little different.

I remember a specific night where a guy (probably 22) and some of his friends were in an arcade and they saw me playing KI. They figured "hey, we'll kick this kids butt, get him off the machine, and it'll be all ours" but after I gave one of them an ultra combo and knocked him off the building and onto the car at the bottom, I had to leave anyway. Boy did that one guy look stupid.

I want to be able to do this at home every day now. If only Rare was listening...

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I fondly remember getting KI Gold for Nsixty pho for Xmas a few years back (when it was new) and my aunt said it was like eighty bucks.. why is that?...and no, it isn't inflation.. ;)
-Bert

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
serious fighting gamers
:laugh: That just make me think of 12 year old kids at the arcade, proclaiming "KI is for sux0r5; Mortal Kombat r00lz!!!"
I've got KI for my N64, and it's a lot of fun to pull out once in a while, for some loud, butt-kickin' good times. And I love the intro guitar riff, too.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
N64 games often came out at around $60 because cartridges were more expensive to make. The N64 was also not that easy to develop for, so that, in addition to the cartridge format, would probably have raised the price.

I gotta find me a cheap copy of KIG so I can play it again, unless I figure out how to fix me old cart...

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
KI was so much fun because it was so over the top. That's how I see it anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks