What's new

Gamecube and X-Box , am I missing something here? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm currently in the market for an X-Box or Gamecube but everywhere I look on the internet or in the sunday newspaper ads I can't find the actual system for sale. I just find the accessories and games. What is going on? could someone please tell me the price of these systems or give me a link to a place where the price of these systems are. Thanks.

MatthewH

Agent
Keith, I saw the same thing in the ads this weekend also. The reason I think they do this is because of the somewhat limited availability of the consoles themselves. Although it is not quite as hard to get a XBOX or a Gamecube this Christmas they are still somewhat scarce. I was in my local Target store yesterday and I saw about 5 Gamcubes and 2 XBOX's but there was plenty of games and accessories for both systems. I remember last year they did not advertise the PS 2 consoles in the store flyers because they were in extremely short supply. I remember over hearing people yelling at a salesman because they had the console advertised but had none in stock. I'm sure that stores do want any repeats from last year.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Keith, the situation this year is different (and better) than with the PS2 last year. Both Nintendo & Microsoft are doing a pretty good job in restocking the dealers. I bought my GameCube several days after launch, and could have (almost did) walked out of TRU with an XBox last week if I had wanted to spend the money on another console so soon.

Go down to your local Best Buy or Toys 'R Us and just ask if they have 'em in stock. If not, they'll usually tell you when the next shipment is due in. I'd be surprised if you can't get the console you want in the next several days.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Also, the prices, pretty much anywhere are $299 for the XBox and $199 for the Gamecube. Not much discounting going on right now (no reason to)...

David Head

Second Unit
Craig,

The cost of the Xbox with one controller is $299. Many places only sell the Xbox as a package with an extra controller and 3 games for $499, but you can find places that will sell only the console.

The Gamecube is $199 with one contoller. There are also packages available with extra controllers and games.

David

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Funny thing I saw on TV...

K-Mart had an ad for their sales and said "Low prices on items like the Sony PlayStation 2" and the price shown was $299.99....I was cracking up at that.

Anyway, Nintendo supposedly ships their cosnoles weekly (I think on Wednesdays) so look at stores early in the morning for a GameCube. X-Box is shipped more frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks