Gamecube + 2 games and a memory card for $160!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Calvin_Su, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Calvin_Su

Calvin_Su Stunt Coordinator

Ok, so you all know about the new deal. Buy a gamecube for $150(or $140 depending on the store), and you get one of these games free:

Metroid Prime
    Mario Party 4
    Resident Evil 0
    one more game...I forgot

But even better: get the Gamecube that comes with Mario Sunshine and a memory card that now costs $160, and you might be able to get a free game along with that!

The computer will automatically take out $50 from the total cost.

2. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

the other game is Starfox, and you are not supposed to get the free game with the sunshine bundle. So if you did, the store made a mistake.

3. Calvin_Su

Calvin_Su Stunt Coordinator

their computer is messed up because it subtracts $50 from the total price whether you buy the bundle or the regular system.

My friend in San Diego tried this at another Best Buy, and it worked. So if you want to get a free game with the bundle, go to Best Buy.

4. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Just to corroborate the story, I've also heard from people who have gotten this deal at Best Buy.

5. Tommy_Garris

Tommy_Garris Stunt Coordinator

It depends where you go Graeme. Some store managers can be a pain. I know I was able to purchase the bundle at Best Buy and get Metroid Prime for free. Sweet deal. Not to mention I'll be getting a $25 gift card by mail and have 90 days to finance it with 0% interest. It's good to have a Best Buy credit card. [​IMG]

6. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Tommy-
    How exactly did you get a $25.00 gift card from Best Buy? My Best Buy experience wasn't exactly pleasant (aside from not getting such a gift card). I chose to get the Black Cube along with a 251(?) memory card because I knew that if I got the bundle, I'd end up spending the twenty bucks on the larger memory card anyway. Plus, I'm not a huge Mario fan and I don't care for the purple cubes. Anyway, I get to the counter and the sales clerk doesn't want to give me Metroid for free, even though I pointed out to her that the deal is in their weekly ad. She said that she doesn't like people to know about the latest promotion, and normally wouldn't have given it to me for free had I not stated otherwise. My interpretation? She's a bitch who's got something in her butt that is likely oblong in shape.

Anyway, kudos to those who picked up Mario as well.

7. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Heheh Scott, she doesn't like people who read the weekly Best Buy ad? Bizarre. It might be worth complaining about such an attitude to someone at the store...it might get her chewed out & maybe even get you a little something for your trouble, too.

I agree with you about the useless memory card 59 & ugly purple cube, too...although I want to pick up the Mario game eventually.

8. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

So much hate for the little indigo (purple, feh) box...

9. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

10. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

11. Jared Brock

Jared Brock Auditioning

I feel like a spaz. I couldn't wait that long and picked up the mario package for $160 and Metroid for $50 on Friday. Oh well, at least my wife likes Mario

12. Pete_S

Pete_S Stunt Coordinator

Jared, take your receipt in the store and see if they'll give you the difference back. Most stores have a 30-day policy stating that if you purchase something and it goes on sale, they'll refund the difference... I think it may even be the law in some states? Anyway, it's worth a try.