1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameboy Advance: rechargeable battery packs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RANDY FISHER, Mar 29, 2002.

1. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

I bought a GBA last week. It's an awesome system. The Nintendo AC adaptor set I bought, much to my suprise, is not a rechargeable battery pack but just an AC adaptor...for $20 I might add!!! I am having trouble location a good reliable battery pack that fits inside the GBA battery compartment and does not stick out. I did see several such devices on accessory manufacturers web sits. Naki, Nyko, MadKatz, etc all show one but no one seems to have them in stock. I have also heard some horror stories about one such device that sticks out of the GBA battery compartment breaking the system. Anyone have a recharge solution that looks good and is reliable and where did you get it?
    thanks Randy[​IMG]

2. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

I just got one this week and it rocks. I am going to get some rechargeable AA batteries since they seem to work great on my friends GBA. BTW, it seems that the Best Buy's in the So. Cal. area have them for $59.97. Time to price match. [​IMG]

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I have a rechargable battery pack that comes with a base and a special battery pack cover so that you can charge batteries while they are in the GBA. Its pretty good, but the battery life is pretty low. I got it at Wal-Mart.