What's new

Gameboy Advance orAdvance SP? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
I've finally decided I'd like to get a handheld and I'm now trying to decide if the SP is worth the extra money.

Does anyone have a good reason why I should get the SP? Is the back light that important? Is it as comfortable as the original?

And what are some good games to get? Thanks.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
If you're going to use it on the road, then the SP is MUCH better than the regular GBA. I think it's great. The light makes a huge difference. I also think it's more comfortable to hold than the GBA. It's certainly easier to throw in your bag, which is sorta the whole point.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'd say SP. I tried the original advance when it came out in an office environment and I couldn't see anything on it. Its really really bad. The SP is almost perfect.

TedT

Second Unit
SP is WAY worth it. I think I saw it at Target over the weekend for $70 plus a free game.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
SP is WAY worth it. I think I saw it at Target over the weekend for $70 plus a free game.
Holy crap, that's an awesome deal! The very best I've seen is $98 and no game.

Anyone else know of any good deals?

And I guess I'll be going with the SP. Thanks for the opinions. :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Well I stoped by Costco and they had a SP pack including, Donkey Kong Country, the strategy guide, and a softcase for $129, soooo....I bought it.:)

Now I just hope it's slow at work tonight so I can play.

Oh, looking for a good racing game recommendation? Anyone?

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
One other consideration: SP has its own (I believe NiCd) battery, and needs to be charged for a few hours before use. Lasts a while, but gotta remember to recharge it when it blinks red. This will save on batteries as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks