What's new

Gameboy Advance in orange? (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I've seen some orange Gameboy Advance systems on eBay. I looked at the GBA website and did not see this color listed. I poked around the Japanese website some, and eventually did find a picture of all the American-color GBAs plus orange, black, and a couple other colors.
Now these orange GBAs on eBay are described as "special edition" or "not available in retail". I'd like to know if orange was ever a color available for the US market? Orange is, to me, better than any of the "standard" US colors, but I don't want to get a system with an instruction manual in Japanese or won't play games for sale here or would have other out-of-market-related problems, if you know what I mean.
I realize you can't vouch for the validity of any item on eBay, I'd just like to know if it's possible or not.
Thanks for any help! :)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I believe Orange (or "Spice") is a Japanese import. Works the same as a US GBA, so if you dig orange, go for it.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
you can always paint yours pretty easily. Thinking about doing that to mine, since I've got it apart to install the afterburner.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
JustinR:

The orange and black ("spice" and "jet black," officially) are only available in Japan, but I don't think they're limited editions at all. If you want to import one, do it, because you will have no problem playing American games on it. The Game Boy is the only current video game system without regional lockouts -- games from any country will work with systems from any country.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Around the same time I posted my question here, I sent a similar question directly to Nintendo, and this is the response I received:
Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,
I checked e-Bay for the product you mentioned, Justin. All I know is that an orange Game Boy Advance has never been released in the U.S. and Canada. So far, only Arctic, Indigo, Glacier, Fuchsia, Midnight Blue, Grape, Metallic Gold and Platinum AGBs have been released in North America. Further, there are no current plans to release an orange AGB [sic] here.
Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
[Contact's name withheld]
So it seems everyone is in agreement: Orange, or "spice", definitely has never officially been available here in the USA.
But I want to make sure about this: I will have absolutely no problem using it here with any games or accessories commonly available in this country, is that correct?
BTW, here you can see the actual item I bidded on and won at eBay. As I understand the rules here, only live auction links are forbidden, and this auction is closed, but if it's a problem, I'll understand when it's removed. Check out the included accessories and the price and tell me if it seems like a good deal or not: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1385652830

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I've been using my imported GBA since April of 2001 without so much as a hiccup from any game or accessory I've used it with. You're perfectly safe in the compatibility arena.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks