Gameboy Advance in orange?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JJR512, Oct 7, 2002.

1. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

I've seen some orange Gameboy Advance systems on eBay. I looked at the GBA website and did not see this color listed. I poked around the Japanese website some, and eventually did find a picture of all the American-color GBAs plus orange, black, and a couple other colors.
    Now these orange GBAs on eBay are described as "special edition" or "not available in retail". I'd like to know if orange was ever a color available for the US market? Orange is, to me, better than any of the "standard" US colors, but I don't want to get a system with an instruction manual in Japanese or won't play games for sale here or would have other out-of-market-related problems, if you know what I mean.
    I realize you can't vouch for the validity of any item on eBay, I'd just like to know if it's possible or not.
    Thanks for any help! [​IMG]

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I believe Orange (or "Spice") is a Japanese import. Works the same as a US GBA, so if you dig orange, go for it.

3. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

you can always paint yours pretty easily. Thinking about doing that to mine, since I've got it apart to install the afterburner.

4. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit

JustinR:

The orange and black ("spice" and "jet black," officially) are only available in Japan, but I don't think they're limited editions at all. If you want to import one, do it, because you will have no problem playing American games on it. The Game Boy is the only current video game system without regional lockouts -- games from any country will work with systems from any country.

5. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

Around the same time I posted my question here, I sent a similar question directly to Nintendo, and this is the response I received:

6. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I've been using my imported GBA since April of 2001 without so much as a hiccup from any game or accessory I've used it with. You're perfectly safe in the compatibility arena.